The Reichenbach Fall Part 7

"Joining me?" Sherlock asked as we were handcuffed together.

"Yeah, apparently there's some kind of law about assaulting officers." I said, and Sherlock's head turned back to see blood running from Donovan's nose. He let out a small laugh.

"Bit awkward, this." Sherlock said.

"There's no one to bail us." I said, though I could always call Mycroft, but I also knew Sherlock would refuse his help.

"I was thinking more about our imminent and daring escape. You don't have an earpiece in right?" Sherlock asked.

"No... why?" I asked, and he grabbed the dispatcher from the car you two were against, and gave it a squeeze. An excruciatingly high pitched sound emitted through all the earpieces of every officer around. Everyone clutched their ears and quickly ripped it out. Sherlock quickly turned around, dragging me with him, and pulled a gun out of an officer's belt.

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you all please get on your knees?" Sherlock yelled, pointing the gun around at them, but no one moved, he fired into the air twice, "Now would be good!"

"Do as he says!" Lestrade yelled, ushering everyone down to their knees.

"Just so you're all aware the gun is his idea. I'm just, uh, you know..." I rambled nervously.

"My hostage!" Sherlock said, pointing the gun at me. As you two slowly backed up away from Baker Street.

"Hostage? Ok, what now?" I whispered.

"Doing what Moriarty wants. Becoming a fugitive. Run." Sherlock said, dropping the gun from my head and running.

"Get after him Lestrade!" I heard the Chief yell from around the corner.

We ran awkwardly, since our hands were cuffed together.

"Take my hand!" Sherlock instructed, and I obeyed.

We continued to run until we cut through an alleyway. We were about to turn a corner when I saw a police car passing and pulled Sherlock back. We waited, leaning against the cold brick.

"Everybody wants to believe it. That's what makes it so clever. A lie that's preferable to the truth. All my brilliant deductions were just a sham. No one feels inadequate. Sherlock Holmes is just an ordinary man." Sherlock said, before pulling me to the opposite wall.

"What about Mycroft? He can help us." I said.

"Big family reconciliation. Now's not really the moment." Sherlock said, peeking around the corner.

"Sherlock." I whispered, pointing down the alley to a man peeking out from behind the wall. "One of your new neighbors." I recognized him from the files Mycroft had shown me.

"Let's see if he can give us some answers." Sherlock said, before running.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He looked out to the street and the red double decker coming down the path.

"We're going to jump in front of that bus." He said before taking off again. I followed him into the street, my heart beating fast. Before the bus could hit us, we were pushed out of the way by Sherlock's new neighbor. We hit the ground and Sherlock grabbed the gun from the assassins waistband since the one he had was dropped blocks ago.

"Tell me what you want from me." Sherlock demanded, pointing the gun at him. "Tell me!"

"He left it at your flat." He said.

"Who?" Sherlock asked.

"Moriarty." The assassin answered.

"What?" Sherlock asked.