The Great Game Part 8

I awoke, sitting on cold tile, fully dressed. Whoever had done this had taken the time to dress me in a tight dress and heels. My hands were tied behind my back. As I looked up there was a man in an expensive suit staring at me with a sinister smile. My mouth formed an 'O' shape as I recognized him. Two large men grabbed me and raised me to my feet. They continued to hold onto my arms so I didn't try to run, even though I was too weak from the drugs.

"You're James

"You're James..." I said, remembering the day I ran into him on the street. He had been following me, I had spotted him at the restaurant Sherlock had taken me to during the taxi driver case.

"Jim Moriarty. Pleased to meet you. That dress fits you well, although I regret not being the one who put you in it." He smirked. I tried to wiggle out of their arms but they were too strong. He laughed when he saw me struggling.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We're at the pool where poor Carl Powers died. And you're going to help me." He said, nodding to one of his men. He let go of me and grabbed something off of a table. I noticed it as soon as he held it up to strap it to me. Explosives. Enough to take down the building. He wrapped it around your waist and you dared not move, afraid to set it off. After it had been strapped to me he moved to cut the ties around my hands. He knew I wouldn't try to run while he held the detonator. After my hands were freed he placed a large coat on me, similar to the ones Sherlock is always wearing. I looked out the window and all I saw was darkness, it must have been around midnight.

The second man let go of me and placed a headphone in my ear, wrapping it down the back of my neck.

"Let's make sure you've got this clear love." Moriarty said, stepping closer to me. He placed his finger under my chin, raising it until our eyes met. I was the same height in the heels they had put me in.

"You say what I tell you exactly, or these go off." He spoke, running his finger down my body near the explosives. I nodded weakly. He looked at his watch.

"Show time." He said with a devious smile. His men took me out to the pool where I was to repeat Moriarty's exact words as they were spoken in my ear. I stood behind a pillar. One of his men stayed behind with me, he was going to signal when I had to walk out.

I heard the door to the pool open and footsteps on the tile. They walked around for a bit before speaking.

"Brought you a little getting-to-know-you present. That's what it's all been for, isn't it? All your little puzzles, making me dance. All to distract me from this." The voice said, my eyes grew wide as I realized who it was. I looked to Moriarty's men, he gave me the signal to step out. My heels clicked on the tile. My hands were in the deep pockets of the coat.

I stepped out next to the pool, turning and facing him. Sherlock Holmes. I kept a straight face, as I was instructed to do. Sherlock lowered his hand which was holding the Bruce-Partington Plans. He turned and looked to me, the level of shock on his face was enormous.