A Scandal in Belgravia Part 7

A week passed and I went back to work. I could tell Lestrade was still curious about what was going on with Sherlock and what had happened at Irene Adler's house. One morning I was off work and I got a call from Mrs. Hudson asking me to help her grocery shopping since she was shopping for Sherlock and John too. I met her at the store and when I got back to Baker Street I walked up the stairs to the flat, bags in hand.

"Morning." I said, putting the bags in the kitchen.

I turned my head to the living room

I turned my head to the living room. I saw Sherlock sitting where clients usually sit, John was at his desk, and Irene Adler was sitting in Sherlock's black chair.

"Ah just who I was hoping would show up, hello Sergeant Gregson." Irene said.

"Miss Adler." I nodded, while placing all the bags on the counter.

"Where's my camera-phone?" Irene asked.

"It's not here. We're not stupid." John said.

"Then what have you done with it? If they've guessed you've got it, they'll be watching you." Irene said.

"If they've been watching me, they'll know that I took a safety deposit box at a bank on the Strand." Sherlock lied.

"I need it." Irene said as I took a seat in John's chair.

"Molly Hooper, she could collect it, and take it to Barts. Then one of your homeless network could bring it here, leave it in the cafe and one of the boys downstairs could bring it up the back." John offered.

"Very good, John, excellent plan, full of intelligent precautions." Sherlock said.

"Thank you, so why don't I phone..." John began but let out an annoyed sigh when Sherlock pulled the camera phone out of his pocket.

"So, what do you keep on here? In general, I mean?" Sherlock asked Irene.

"Pictures, information, anything I might find useful." Irene said.

"For blackmail?" I asked.

"For protection." She said and I rolled my eyes. "I make my way in the world, I misbehave. I like to know people will be on my side exactly when I need them to be."

"So how do you acquire this information?" Sherlock asked her.

"I told you, I misbehave." Irene said.

"But you've acquired something more danger than protection. Do you know what it is?" I asked Irene.

"Yes. But I don't understand it." Irene said.

"Show me." Sherlock said. She stuck out her hand for the phone.

"The passcode." Sherlock said, refusing to give it to her. She extended her hand further, Sherlock gave in and placed the phone in her hand. She smiled and typed the passcode in, beeping loudly when it was incorrect.