A Study in Pink Part 5

I saw Sherlock and John approaching the crime scene when Donovan yelled at him.

"Hello freak!" She said rudely.

"I'm here to see Detective Inspector Lestrade." Sherlock replied.

"Why?" Donovan asked.

"I was invited." Sherlock explained.

"Why?" She asked again, more rudely.

"I think he wants me to take a look." Sherlock retorted.

"Well you know what I think don't you?" She said.

"Always, Sally." Sherlock said, his face changed. I knew he was deducing Donovan and I could tell this wasn't going to end well.

"I even know you didn't make it home last night." Sherlock said, John turned to follow Sherlock under the police tape but Donovan stopped him.

"Who's this?" She asked, holding up her hand.

"Colleague of mine, Dr. Watson. Dr. Watson, Sergeant Sally Donovan. Old friend." He said, introducing the two. Friend? Sherlock didn't have friends, as Mycroft reminded me.

"A colleague? How do you get a colleague? Did he follow you home?" Donovan asked, unamused.

"Would it be better if i just waited..." John said, interrupted.

"John, Sherlock! Come on!" I waived them over. Donovan looked angrily at me, but I didn't care. They followed me across the street and to the front of the house. Then Anderson walked out the door and I knew that would cause trouble with Sherlock.

"Ah, Anderson. Here we are again." He said annoyed.

"It's a crime scene. I don't want it contaminated. Are we clear on that?" Anderson asked, rudely. The whole block could feel the tension between these two.

"Quite clear," Sherlock said. I thought everything was going to be fine between the two, until Sherlock began speaking again, "And is your wife away for long?"

"Oh don't pretend you worked that out. Somebody told you that." Anderson argued.

"Your deodorant told me that." Sherlock said, dismissively.

"My deodorant?" Anderson asked, unamused.

"It's for men." Sherlock stated. Oh God, here we go.

"Well of course it's for men. I'm wearing it." He argued.

"So is Sergeant Donovan." Sherlock pointed out. Ooh, affair, fun.

"Come on, before you two make another crime scene before we even look at this one." I said, dragging Sherlock past Anderson and into the door.

"You know your mouth is going to get you into trouble one day." I scolded.

'I don't doubt it." He agreed.

"You'll need to wear one of these." I said to John, handing him gloves and a paper suit. Sherlock looked around curiously. I knew what he was about to ask, so I saved him the trouble.

"Upstairs." I said, he nodded.

"I can give you two minutes." Lestrade said as we began up the winding stairs.

"May need longer." Sherlock argued.

"Her name's Jennifer Wilson according to her credit cards, we're running them now for contact details. Hasn't been here long. Some kids found her." Lestrade said as he lead us up the stairs to the crime scene.

Sherlock stared at the body for a few moments before turning his head to Lestrade, "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." Lestrade said defensively.