The Blind Banker Part 6

The three of you left in a cab to go back to Sherlock's flat. I asked the cabbie to drop me off at my place first. I needed a shower, and a change of clothes.

After only about 10 minutes of Mrs. Astor and her worried examination I finally made it up to my flat. I slipped off my shirt and examined the wound. It could have been a lot worse. It wasn't too deep, just enough to require a few stitches. It scared me more than anything. While I was in the shower I had some time to relax and think about the case. Why did Zhi Zhu need to go see Soo Lin? She was out, done. But he needed her help with something stolen... She works with antiquities. It struck me. The Black Lotus must have been selling antiques, smuggling them out of China. But we know something was stolen, hence the 3 murders. It must have been something extremely valuable, otherwise they wouldn't make all this fuss. Then there was the books. Soo Lin had said that the cipher was based off a book. Meaning the book we need will be in both Lukis' and Van Coon's library.

Something else Sherlock had said earlier struck me. The numbers always come in pairs, the numbers have partners. This reminded me of something that happened on National Treasure, a movie I liked. Three numbers, one referred to a certain document, one to a line in it, and the last to the word in that line.These two numbers must refer to a page and a word on that page.

After this realization I quickly got dressed in a new shirt and some jeans. My hair was still a little wet when I stepped outside. I began the 5 minute walk to Sherlock's flat when my phone buzzed. I fumbled to get it out of my pocket when I ran into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry." I said sincerely. Before me was a well dressed, handsome man, with a smile on his face.

"It's no problem, dear." He said, his accent sounded Irish.

"I'm sorry, you look so familiar. Do I know you?" I asked, returning the smile.

"I don't think so, it would be hard to forget a face like yours." He smiled, cheesy line but it was working.

"I just swear I've seen you somewhere..." I said, trying to place it. "Yes I have, oh at that Italian restaurant a little while back over on Northumberland Street."

"You know what, you're right. I do remember you. If I recall correctly, you were there with a guy. Is he your boyfriend?" The stranger asked.

"Oh no, no. He's just a colleague." I smiled awkwardly.

"Where are my manners... My names James. I work in IT at Barts hospital."He said sticking out his hand to shake mine.

"Adelaide Gregson. Small world, I'm at Barts a lot too. I work for Scotland Yard." I said, looking down to my watch.

"You look to be in a hurry, I'm sure I'll see you around some time. "He smiled.

"I'm sure I will." I waved goodbye as I continued down the street.

I finally read the message on my phone.

How's Sherlock doing? Haven't heard from you in a while.

MH

I rolled my eyes and smiled at their childish feud. I sent back a reply quickly.

 I sent back a reply quickly