Arc 3 - Chapter 37: The Glimmers of Concern

Saku was with Zarla in the infirmary room, as Doctors examined Leyla. Leyla's recent battle took its toll with some of her 'innards' exposed in some wiring and metal frame work seem through the broken patches of her skin. A portion of her right arm, a bit on the left side of her face, just below her neck and side were being fixed or applied with a strange grey clay substance that seemed kinda like cement as it set hard.

One of the doctors, a four armed purple male doctor, came over "The little Lady is fine, though she will need rest, she should make a full recovery"

"What is the extent of the damage?" asked Zarla

"To a point towards severe. Leyla's power output went way over its threshold and so her body was unable to hold together. Her own body has a healing function, as does most organic species, but hers strangely seems...weakened"

"Weakened?" asked Saku

"Yes her systems don't seem to be operating at 100%...at least that's what the specialist says. I'm afraid knowledge of the inner machinations of a Cynthal are trade secrets. Only in very serious cases is information usually traded"

"Alright...thank you"

They both went over to Leyla who was sleeping, though seemed in some pain "At least she turned out a bit better than you" said Zarla folding her arms

"That's one relief...I guess" he said sitting on an adjacent bed

"I was surprised when she came out with that burst mode, and even when you came out with that Divine Shell"

"It was...unreal to say the least. It felt...stronger or more potent but beyond that the words...the words...aww....escape me"

"Tired now are you? I just wonder where Leyla got her power from? And why you seemed...oh..." Saku though had fallen on his side, fast asleep "I was wondering when you'd go" she lifted his body better onto the bed "Sleep tight"

As Zarla stepped back, she put two fingers to her head "Ozway...Ozway you read me?"

"Oh...you're actually talking to me now?" asked OZway in her head "Does this means we're still friends?"

"I'll think about it...but first I have to ask. Saku's Divine Shell...do you know what happened there?"

"Can I say in sheer honesty...not an absolute clue. I had NO idea the Divine Shell could be augmented further"

"So...you really know nothing of it? You do sound honest"

"I'll have you know I'm the most honest person there is"

"I don't think so somehow...but then I'm stumped"

Ozway was on his end was observing another match that was underway, two fingers to his head "So I take it Saku is in the infirmary with the Cynthal girl?"

"You'd be surprised but Saku took little damage" she replied to his head

"What...do you mean?"

"He does have a few cuts and bruises but that's from the battle itself. It seems that the toll of the Divine Shell Mk 2...have no physical recoil"

"Then did that power have ANY repercussions?"

"Saku remarked a severe bout of dizziness and sickness. I can only assume it was his senses and brain that had induced tremendous stress"