Arc 2 - Chapter 8B: Beyond Ego to Soothing Resolve

Altessa made it outside to the cloudy world of Polaris, walking out to meet Katsia and Emiko who stood alone "Where's...Saku gone?" asked Altessa

"Saku went ahead of us My lady" said Varley before delicately asking "What has transpired may I ask? Saku looked..."

"I'll tell you once we arrive back but pray tell how did he get back?"

"He...used the Seraphim tuner, and used the power of flight" said Emiko depressed "He wanted to be alone...he wished not to be seen"

"Then...we'll respect his wish" said Altessa "Come on...board the vessel, and let's head back" Emiko nodded and climbed aboard while Katsia just got on.

Altessa looked to Katsia, as the boat went along. Katsia looked deep in thought "Emiko...said she felt pain from Saku, obviously of great nature for her to strike me as she did. But...if my words caused him pain, and it was not his ego I struck, then...I wonder if I did it again. What is it...that I've failed to see? What is it my vision...hides from me?"

"It's not a question of what it shows" said Altessa overhearing Katsia "It's how you interpret it...or wish to see it"

The trio arrived at the castle to which a lady maid awaited them. She bowed politely "Your Majesty...welcome back from your trip, as to you Princess and Guest. I am here to inform you our second guest, Saku, has retired to his room"

"Thank you" said Altessa "Dismissed" the maid bowed again and walked on before going to Emiko "We should leave him alone for the time being, he needs some time alone"

"I agree...Lady Altessa" Emiko gripped her arm, over her brand "though I can't help but feel worry towards him. This sensation I can feel in my arm...won't go away"

"He'll...get over it" said Katsia whose voice sounded mixed of emotion "He's being able to bounce back before...from...much worse"

Altessa looked on Katsia "What is it you refer too? How can things be much worse than this?"

"At least...his body is intact" said Katsia who gripped herself hard "because before...I don't even know how anyone could drive himself to that point"

"May I be...permitted to see? What it is you refer to?" Katsia leaned her head to her Mother, who lightly placed her palm upon it with eyes glowing purple.

"What is you're doing?" asked Emiko

"My visions can also interpret memories, one open to be viewed. Let's see what you saw"

Altessa saw a silent scene play out, of Saku fighting with and against the Omega Squadron "Saku was fighting alongside a friend...who turned out to his enemy. His partner...was part of the same group, who betrayed Saku and together with his team all ganged up together to fight him. Saku did his best...even using amazing power to fight back and won. But as he landed, you saw a Vacant expression on his face his body limp...then as his power wore..." Altessa sharply gasped in horror, to the point she nearly let go.

Altessa saw Saku's near broken body, covered in dark bruises with blood trailing from his mouth and nose along with multiple cuts. His t-shirt was barely existent while his pants was reduced to a single leg. Altessa came away horrified "The poor boy...to have pushed so far" she said as she retracted her hand