Chapter 111: A Silent Ending

Adrian and Saku's bout...was close to its end, both fighters drained of their power with only little energy even left. Adrian however was still mobile, Saku hardly able to even stand while Adrian came in with a water cover fist. Adrian closed in on him with punch, Saku fired out at him...for all sounds to cease.

(PLAY MUSIC HERE)

No voices, no words...not even sounds followed the clash...except for the clustering tweets of a thousand birds. Everyone just starred, all stood up (With Aeron supportint Emiko) all just looking on at what they witnessed. Even Ozway was rendered silent, for this event that actually rendered the Emperor silent of all people. He was stood, on the edge of the podium, dark green eyes looking upon the erractic light...that was now present on the battlefield. Saku and Adrian too were still and frozen, eyes open and bodies stiff...their minds unable to register what had happened.

More lightning strikes followed, smiting the land with light and fierce aggression the howling wind blowing on Sukura swaying his tails as stood on the roof of the stadium...overlooking the stadium "This is a turn...not even the spirits foresaw. When they told of change...I had no idea this is what they had in mind. I get the feeling...this isn't quite by natural means, but what it does mean...is completely unclear"

Saku remained knelt, his hand aimed forward, while Adrian's fist...had not quite reached him. Adrian was stiff in the air, his face almost locked in agony until he coughed up a decent of blue blood partially on the floor and Saku's face. Saku looked down to his hand, his hand open to see not energy...but a blue electric beam...protruding from his hand "Is this...lightning?" for it had pierced Adrian through his abdomen.

Where the beam had struck, severe bruising rapidly formed on Adrian's abdomen. Adrian also seemed to get very slack, the water on his hand just falling off. Saku realised this was his moment. Discarding all questions and dropping his lightning he came up with a punch to Adrian's face. Saku flopped forward, going to front while Adrian fell on his back.

Saku tried to get back up, Adrian already getting up...but the pain in Adrian was easy to read as he held his stomach, unable to stop cringing. Adrian did get up to his feet, Saku only to his knee but before Adrian could approach Saku fired another weak jolt of lightning...making Adrian stagger backwards. Saku then barely got to his feet, though he was drooping forward and his legs severely shook.

Saku aimed his hand and expended the little energy he had, able to fire two more weak jolts at Adrian who staggered badly backwards hardly even able to keep balance. Saku then felt his energy...nearly gone "One shot...is all I have" he said concentrating what power he could spare his fist glowing with electric energy "let's...make it...count" Saku - though rather limply - ran forward. Adrian, still holding his front, saw Saku approach

"I can't...let it end...like this" Adrian ran (weakly) to Saku, moving still faster than him and went in for the punch. Saku saw the punch incoming, and just ducked under – Adrian's fist gracing his hair – before dealing the last electric charged punch to Adrian's chest...knocking him away.

Saku fell to the floor once more, his power completely spent and gone. He strained enough just to get to his arms, looking on at Adrian as he landed on his back. Still no one dared to say a sound, Saku straining with any strength he had left to get to his knees. Though really slowly, and with shaking arms, he rose to his knees...but that was all he could manage. Which said a lot for he even lacked the strength to hardly lift his head.