Chapter 13: Gaps in the Barrier

(Music is playable on this Chapter. Play Final Fantasy X HD: Battle Theme Extended either in the window to the right or on youtube as you read along. Begin at START and stop at END)

 Saku and Angel stood facing each other in a training arena within the Omega space-station. Saku simply punched his hands while Angel wore some battle gear. Her black was in a ponytail with a red streak and wore a sapphire coloured armoured vest with the chest area emerald green. A gauntlet appeared on her left hand, and thin crystal guards on her wings. The training room was filled with moons for terrain.

The room also had spectators, Katsia who was trying to read Saku's closed heart. A boy with nine tails behind him and a girl with large wings. Another spectator was Emiko who hovered in the air ready to count them off.  She then called "Alright are you both ready? Three...two...one GO!"

(START)

Angel was the first to react forging her aura scythe. The handle and blade were translucent flowing with energy. The handle was white and black with the blade red. Angel flew forward at Saku swinging her scythe at him, while Saku clenched his hand bathing it in white energy and punched the scythe blade cancelling it out. The two pushed for a moment and then broke off.

Angel looked a bit surprised "I haven't seen anyone fight off my blade with their bare hands before"

"I can embalm my hand in a coat of energy" said Saku showing Angel "It helps against sharp blades. Now then let's resume" Saku brought his hands to his side and tensed them making them both glow white. Then with forward throws threw energy blasts at Angel.

Angel with her wings lifted off the ground and began flying through the air to avoid the blasts that Saku threw at her. Saku continued throwing the energy blasts at her but she was flying through the air, soaring like a bird, avoiding the shots until she hid behind one of the small moons.

Angel landed on the top of the moon "Those shots of his are fast...and accurate. He can't really guide them through from the looks of things" just as she was about to look she saw a flurry of white-energy blasts coming up and then rain down on her. Angel thrust her gauntlet forward and produced a shield protecting herself from the blasts "Nice try Saku" but then she reacted and turned round to see Saku behind her.

Angel couldn't react in time as Saku thrust his hands at her stomach, his wrists joined together, then with some effort shot a beam of white. The beam carried Angel through the air and smashed her into another moon. Angel dropped down but with a flap of her wings, she shook off the daze of the hit. Angel she looked upon looked who prepared his battle stance "You used the blasts as a distraction and got me from the back"

"Sometimes diversion is as  good as a head-on assault" said Saku "you've got to keep the opponent guessing"

"That's correct" Angel brought back her scythe but held it with both hands "so here's a little surprise from me to you"

Angel swished her scythe in a downward arc which created a blade of wind. The blade of wind, about a metre wide, went towards to Saku who jumped and backflipped over it. The wind-blade went straight through the moon and out the other side crashing into the wall of the training room. Saku landed back down "That blade cut right through it"

"That's only because it's inorganic" said Angel "against anything organic it just explodes on impact"

"ooo...kay? Not that I won't take your word for it...but I'd prefer to avoid it"