Chapter 12: Cold Words and Strange Action

Corvo, a short alien being approached. The man was somewhat short and stout with blotchy green skin. He wore a luxurious golden yellow robe with loose red cotton like sleeves and white fluffy cuffs. He wore what looked like white pantaloons underneath a thick blue skirt. He had polished black leather shoes and white gloves. His head was toadlike with his big eyes, wide mouth, no nose, and rough looking skin. And upon his head was a top-hat.

It was clear Corvo was very well off just by looking at his clothes. They were very clean and expensive looking. Further evidence of his wealth was by the different colour jewelled rings upon his fingers and his sense of charisma upon him. Corvo bowed and tipped his hat "Greetings to you sir. I am Corvo Val Atorez, millionaire"

"A collector by trade" continued Shais with notable dislike "he has network of sources and agents who procure many valuable treasures and collectibles"

"What the Havox says is correct. And I'm here to make an offer to you"

Corvo clapped his hands "The planet of Sandalphon, as barren as it is, was home to a delightful treasure. The sapphire sword"

"I've got the feeling where this is going" said Saku folding his arms "and I'm guessing when you...found the sword you couldn't remove it"

"That is correct my boy. My employees notified me though of a young man who extracted the sword...that was none other than a unit" Saku suddenly felt a small pit of disgust "Which I see is this lovely lady"

Corvo seemed to examine Emiko with his big eyes which made her feel very un-comfortable "My...she is a fine specimen. And I don't doubt is endowed with great power" Saku saw her uneasiness and stood in-front of her

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't stare at her" said Saku scowling "Now say it. What do you want?"

"Straight to business then. I would like to trade you your Soul Unit" Saku's disgust grew

"How do we plan on...trading? She is sort of bonded to me you know"

"In theory...it's possible" said Shais.

Shais sounded serious "If you choose as the master to sever the bond, then Emiko must find another master. That is the role of a Soul Unit...to serve a master"

"Again the Havox is correct" said Corvo "And it's that simple" Emiko had notable worry in her expression as she timidly grabbed Saku's shoulder "Now then I am a generous man and I will take any offer you like"

"Then take this one" said Saku very firmly "Get...Lost"

Everyone seemed somewhat surprised by what Saku said "I'm sorry...I didn't get that" said Corvo

"You heard me clearly" said Saku sternly "Get lost! I'm not interested"

"My Boy...I don't think you understand how much I can give you. I can give you enough to live on luxury for a life-time"

"I could care less if you gave me you're last penny! She is my partner. I didn't save her only to trade her off like a bargaining chip"

Corvo seemed decently flustered "my boy, are you ill? She is a Soul Unit"

"And...what does that have to with it?" said Saku angrily

"You don't have worry about her well-being...just your own. That is the role of a soul unit, to be a servant to a master" Saku's anger had reached a plateau he didn't know existed "So come on...see sense. You're missing out here" Saku turned to Emiko