Arc 3 - Chapter 16: Lost Far Down

It was now the late evening of Day 3 of the current round with the Overseer Royal Rumble due to be taking place on Day 7. Saku had triumphed over Loki, opening to the darkness in his heart while Ozway was on the phone "Good news at last...the special...you-know-what finally came through, in spectular fashion"

"Yes I saw the footage" replied a voice, mixed with static "The difference in skill was...astonishing"

"From the looks of things...there is still much fire we can ignite inside, after wall a fire once stoked can be easily enhanced"

"Is there any room for error?"

"There shouldn't be...but I am still preparing the contingency. After this though" Ozway sounded...worried towards scared "All is lost. We can't afford to delay Project Zeta any longer"

"I'll see if I can...bend a few straws myself"

"For now I'll keep an eye on progression...and update you on how things progress" as Ozway put down the phone he sighed "If this fails...then all is truly lost" 

It was back in Saku's room with Saku in the warm bath, the others with him in their swim-suits. The heat was a bit higher than normal Saku lounging "This...feels...wonderful" he remarked

"I imagine it should" said Aeron "Though you exercised to raise your body heat you will have suffer from the cold climate of your foe" Angel was helping to wash Leyla's back

"Is this alright for you?" asked Angel "I'm not being to harsh am I?"

"No it's alright" said Leyla smiling "thank you...I'll help wash your back next"

Katsia was rubbing some salve on Emiko to ease her aches "Anyway it particularly hurts Emiko?"

"Just on my abdomen and arms" said Emiko looking to her brand "for some reason it feels really warm" Katsia felt it

"It does seem to be producing some heat" Saku felt his brand

"Mine feels colder if anything" said Saku "you're probably just worn down, I mean to be fair...we were impaled at one point. Just take it easy for a while, because not many can withstand it so easily"

"You should recover faster for you bore no injury" said Aeron "but I agree your body will still have suffered the same shock as normal"

"Look if she gets bad I'll take her to the First-aid room" said Saku nonchalant "They fixed me up when I couldn't even stand"

As Saku soaked in the water, Angel went to Katsia "Saku...definitely seems more expressive than normal, his tone and words feel...a bit more relaxed"

"I know what you mean" said Angel "I'm...not honestly sure it's an improvement though"

"How do you mean?" asked Emiko curious

"I'm...not sure. It's Zak'ryon's reaction to Saku, and his general fighting, which makes me...anxious I can't word it better"

"Saku...was definitely not as reserved in his fighting style" said Katsia "But to be fair not every opponent can't be beaten with the same tactics. Can I ask your real reason for worry?" Angel looked to Saku, itching her head

"The best way to put it...is this new side to him...doesn't quite feel natural and I can't word it better"

"Well as Zak'ryon said" reminded Katsia "We only knew Saku back when he held back most of his secrets in his heart...and now he's letting everything to the surface, both good and bad. Saku from here...this could be the true one"