Chapter 10

---Nick's POV---

I was still in the bathroom, plucking at the feathers in my hair. Saturday-morning and those damned feathers wouldn't budge. A giggle coming from the door told me that I wasn't alone anymore and I curled my lip in annoyance, growling slightly at Paige, who was biting her lip before she smiled innocently at me.

"Damn you Paige. My hair still looks like a chicken nestled in it!" I scowled at her before I returned my stare at the mirror, viciously yanking at the feathers before I yanked at a piece of hair, causing me to growl again.

"Sorry, I have only hit you with the pillow...twice. Who knew the feathers would cling to your hair like that?" she said while she tried to look everywhere except my hair. I turned around to look her in the eyes.

"And what about what you said yesterday?" I said before I continued in a girly, high-pitched voice, trying to imitate hers, "Just go to sleep, they will fall out when you wake up tomorrow morning."

An amused grin spread over her face while she replied, "Well, I didn't think that you would actually believe me, Bro." she smirked at my fuming glare before I turned back to the mirror and sighed.

Obviously those feathers weren't going to come out any time soon, especially with the massive case of bed head I was sporting. My hair was tangled all around the blasted feathers!

Her fingers slid through my hair, removing the feathers they encountered. "I'll make it up to you." Her voice waved from behind me. "I'll make your hair feather free and you can tag along when I go to Kristofferson's ranch." I huffed, secretly happy that I could come along with her.

"Fine!" I playfully snapped at her and her giggle warmed my heart. I really missed talking to Paige; she always knew what to say to put your mind at ease. I was slightly shocked when Jacob contacted everyone yesterday to tell us that his command didn't exist anymore.

But Paige didn't know that and I was going to keep it a secret. She would find out during school, when the guys surprised her.

"Is Paige ready?" Luke's calm voice waved through my thoughts and I quickly replied "Yes sir...after she makes sure I no longer resemble a chicken shifter." Luke slightly chuckled in response before he complied.

I looked up at Paige, who had a knowing glance over her eyes while she smiled at me. Lightly shaking my head, I informed her that the Alpha was here and she darted towards her room before she came back in a worn set of jeans and a singlet, covered with a black cardigan.

"Come on! Kris doesn't like to wait!" she exclaimed before she started to pull me with her. I laughed before I tensed my muscles so I stopped her dead in her tracks. Paige turned around and glared at me before a wicked smile shot over her face.

She yanked at my arm with inhuman strength, surprising me, which caused me to lose my footing. I heard her teasing laugh before she disappeared and I ran after her but stopped when she skidded to a halt in front of Luke.

He was waiting for Paige in the hallway, talking to Dad before he noticed us. "Ah, my featherless son has arived!" he joked, causing Paige to smother a laugh behind her hands. I glared at her and she winked at me before she walked towards the closet and picked a pair of shoes out.

When she stood up again I looked at her Nikes for a moment before I raised a brow towards her. Paige just shrugged before she explained "Running around in cowboy-boots isn't something for me."

She pushed me towards the car while she received an amused smile of Luke before he came after us. We finally arrived at the ranch after a 20-minute drive and we stepped out of the car before we were greeted by the typical scent of horses, along with a young voice that chirped "Paice!"