Chapter 11

---Paige's POV---

Nick was oddly excited when we drove for school the next morning. I was feeling slightly suspicious; he was almost bouncing of his seat when we arrived. Finally I just blurted out, "What's going on?" Nick looked up in surprise before he slyly grinned at me. "Nothing?" he tried, unconvincingly.

I raised my eyebrow at him and his grin became a smirk. "Is that a smirk? Are you smirking at me?" I asked with a low growl in my voice. Nick quickly shook his head before he replied, "Am I smirking? - I'm not smirking. No smirking here milady." He said while he bit his lip.

Staring at him in disbelief, I couldn't help myself and laughed until the tears rolled down of my face while Nick parked the car and laughed with me. Eventually we stepped out of the car and walked to school together while a bounce sneaked into Nick's step when we neared the entrance.

"Seriously Nick, what-" I started to say but was interrupted when someone shouted "WOLFPILE!" and I was crushed on the ground, jumped by at least eight wolves while I kept laughing.

The pile wriggled around a bit and I was engulfed into a hug while the boys stood back up again. Jack was smiling like crazy while he held me. "We uh, kind of missed you?" he said before I was passed onto the next wolf.

They kept it going until I had passed every single wolf and then they put me on my feet. I grinned at them while I let out a huge breath. "Well, didn't see that coming." I joked while I glanced at Nick. "Any more surprises?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nu-uh." He said while he walked up to me. The whole group tensed when a slightly familiar voice spoke up.

"Well, isn't this kind of touching? A family reunion!" I turned around to look at Kale, who stared at me with a smirk on his face. He pushed himself off the lockers and took a few steps towards me, his hands casually in his pockets.

The guys started to crowd around me but I poked a few of them in the ribs, stating, "I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." They looked at me with a torn expression, some even looked slightly amused or surprised before I took a step forwards.

Kale grinned at me, but it wasn't in a way that made you feel ok. It raised the hairs in my neck while a small shiver crawled down my spine. He glanced at my ribs before he smirked. "Feeling better now?" he sarcastically said.

I nodded, a smile spreading over my lips. "Yes, I am." I stretched to show that nothing was wrong with me, knowing it would irritate him before I shrugged "It was just a scratch."

He opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it by saying, "Actually, I had something to say to you." I felt several stares of the wolves on my back but I ignored them. Kale seemed distracted for a moment before he said "Well? I'm all ears."

I smiled at him before I said, "I wanted to thank you."

A shocked silence filled the hallway while everyone, even Kale, stared at me like I went completely bonkers. "If you didn't send your friends to abduct me, who failed miserably by the way," I added, causing him to fluster with frustration, "I wouldn't be greeted by my boys right now."

Kale was grinding his teeth while the wolves roared into laughter. I winked at Kale "So thanks again!" I smirked before I looped my arms through Joshua and Nick's arm and walked with them to class. A loud, smashing sound caused me to glance over my shoulder, only to see that Kale had punched a hole into his locker.

"Somebody's pissed off." I sang and the boys laughed again. We stepped into the canteen, since we arrived way too early for class. Probably because the guys wanted to surprise me. We were chatting away, catching up the three weeks that I couldn't speak with them while Jacob walked in.