Chapter 9

---Paige's POV---

Their chuckles filled the room while Katherine let out a shivering sigh. I smiled and closed my eyes for a moment. Nick spoke up after a second or two.

"Hey Paige?" he asked me and I kept my eyes closed while I smirked. It was good to know that he was awake and that we both were save. So I decided to tease him a little, just to cut the tension in the room for a while.

"Yes, baby bro'?" I asked and I heard him scoff before I opened my eyes. He was playfully glaring at me while he asked, "Whom are you calling a baby?" John and Luke were smiling at our playful bickering.

"Did the hunters shot at your ears too? I called you my little baby brother." I cooed at the words, little baby brother, with a sweet voice. He growled slightly, scrunching his nose up in disgust.

"Don't make me come out of this bed, Paige. Wounded or not, I'll kick your butt." He said, smirking in the end. Even Kath was laughing when I replied "I don't think you'll make it out of your bed, one-armed bandit."

He growled slightly but he couldn't keep the smile from his face. He suddenly sat up and started to pull the bandages off his arm, revealing a faded pink scar in the distinctive shape of a bullet-hole.

Nick looked up and stared at me with a smug look on his face before I realized that my mouth was hanging open. "You got to love wolf-regeneration huh." He said with a wink while he pointed at his arm.

I huffed before slouching back in the bed, slightly tracing my ribs to feel at the wound. My regeneration should have started about now. I was surprised when I felt a small ridge about halfway my ribs.

"What the-" I snapped before I yanked the blankets back and tried to pull my shirt up. Several hands stopped me and pushed me back on my bed but that wasn't why I gave up trying to look at my ribs.

A low growl had filled the room when I had slightly lifted my shirt, revealing a small part of my stomach. I looked up to find the source of the growl and was shocked that Jacob was in the room. His eyes were slightly darker and his eyes were constantly looking back and forth between John, Luke and Nick.

My mouth was instantly dry while I tried to figure out why, of all the people I knew, Jacob decided to come here. Maybe he wanted to make sure that his command was followed, I didn't know what his intentions were.

Jacob stared at me and I saw his expression change in reaction to my inner turmoil. He looked down with a saddened and embarrassed look in his eyes, slightly shifting his feet. I glanced around the room to see if anyone else was there. But it was just my family, Luke and Jacob.

I swallowed before I asked, "You didn't bring your girlfriend?" with a surprised tone. Every time I came across Jacob in the hallway or when I saw him in the distance, he was literally glued to one or more girls. I figured that he was having a bachelor-party, since the amount changed from day to day. He must have been happy to ditch his mate.

He looked up with a confused look in his eyes while he stuttered "G-girlfriend?". I just shrugged and said; "I thought that maybe that brunette was your girlfriend, seeing that you don't hang out with the two blonds anymore. Although the redhead seems to get your attention as well."

I snapped my fingers, pretending that I was trying to remember something while I mumbled, "What was the name again? God, it's on the tip of my... OH! Adrianna, right?" Looking at him to see his reaction, I couldn't help but feel slightly better for confronting him. I knew that he didn't have a girlfriend because I am, or was, his mate.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about. Why would you think that she's my girlfriend?" Jacob asked with a slightly shocked expression. I smirked internally while thinking 'You didn't think I knew that huh?'