Chapter 22

---Kale POV---

The knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts, making me look up from the plans and scrolls that were scattered over my desk. I had collected every bit of intelligence about Luke's pack and more specifically, about Paige's whereabouts and friends. Now I was forming a plan to finally get what I wanted. A mate of my own.

Or rather a nice alternative of it. After all, you needed a wolf to have a mate, and our wolves had been taken from us by those foul shifters. But I'd have my revenge...

"Come in." I spoke up, my voice cold and grim. One of the hunters peaked his head out of the door before he lowered his head in respect. "Sir, your brother's friends have arrived."

I allowed myself to relax while a cruel grin slid over my face. "Excellent." I muttered, playing with a dagger to calm my mind. I noticed that the man was still waiting in the doorway, so I snapped "Well? What the hell are you waiting for?! Bring them up!"

Growling in myself, I turned back to the papers. Ever since Damon had crossed the line, I was forced to use these incompetent men to gather the information that I wanted. My eyes followed the silver blade while it tumbled through the air.

Everything was going according to plan; my brother had sent me reinforcement from Rio, my scouts have remained undetected in Luke's territory and I had a few insiders there as well. I smirked slightly while my eyes shot towards the men that were pouring in the room. Four of them stood out.

The last man to enter was one of the hunter's greatest secrets and, so to speak, a secret weapon.

"Lucius." I nodded my head towards the blond, who just stared at me, amusement in his silver eyes. He gave me a lopsided grin, revealing his fangs while his eyes gained a red brim. He made a mock bow while he mumbled "Kale."

"I must say, I never knew that vampires would come to our aid." I stated, watching the leader of the four men closely. He shrugged before he simple answered, "The other covens didn't allow us to revel in our bloodlust so they kicked us out. Their loss but my gain." His grin had now gained a sinister touch, which would have any other men shiver. I just recognized him as a kindred soul.

He too had been punished for following his instincts and being true to his nature. Instead of embracing their true selves, the other vampires had spat on Lucius' behavior and cast them out.

Funny how things like that worked...

I nodded again, letting him know that I understood him while I let my eyes roam over the other hunters. They were all informed of my plans before they left my brother's stronghold, so they should be prepared.

"The plans?" Lucius stated in a slightly bored tone. I threw a scroll his way, which he caught with no effort. His eyes darted over the writing, a grin pulling on his lips when he finished and looked up at me.

"Seems that you have a slight obsession, my friend." He smirked before he passed the scroll to the other four members of his coven. "Slight? Lucius, I would call this anything but." The next vampire in line smirked, eyes flitting over the information.

A growl escaped my lips, which made the other hunters shiver while they lowered their heads. The vampires however, were not fazed at all. Lucius simply shook his head with amusement before he folded his arms over his chest and waited for the others to read the plan.

"Find and capture the target." One of the vampires muttered while he held a picture up. He smirked slightly and shook his reddish hair out of his face. "Sounds easy enough, it's just a girl."

His twin let out a long whistle when he took over the picture. "She looks pretty fine to me." A smirk pulled over his lips while he waved the picture in the air at me. "Can we have her as a treat?"