Chapter 7

---Nick's POV---

"Come on dude, you have to eat something."

Joshua's voice broke through my thoughts and I looked up at him, giving him a weak smile. "I'm not hungry." I replied before I turned my gaze back to the other tables, hoping to find Paige. After Jacob has threatened her away from the table, I hadn't seen her during lunch.

I didn't speak to Jacob anymore; I've even let him explain to my parents why Paige came home crying on the first day, why she ran from the house every moment she'd got and why she didn't even bother to talk or even look at me, at any of us. They were shocked at first and tried to contact Luke, Jacob's dad, but Jacob just used his Alpha-tone so that they couldn't betray his plan.

He knew well enough he was abusing his alpha powers and he didn't give a damn that he was betraying himself and the fragile mate bond for rejecting Paige, and betraying the pack for denying their true Luna.

The others felt the same way like I did; it felt like we had betrayed Paige. She had trusted us after going through several years of being bullied at the orphanage, and for what? We just laughed and stabbed her in the back when she dropped her defenses.

I sighed as I stopped looking around; Paige hadn't come in for lunch for the last weeks. She ate less then ...before. Even at dinner, she only managed to take a few bites before she started playing with her food.

Of course Jacob didn't see this because he was too busy chasing she-wolf tail. He didn't see the weight loss of Paige, the dark rims under her eyes or the tears that ran over her cheek when I checked on her before I went to sleep.

It made me feel sick and I was disgusted with myself. If I was a stronger wolf, I could just forget Jacob's command and talk to her, explain everything. Or even better, I would be able to contact the true Alpha and let him know what a bastard of a son he had.

I've tried countless of times but each time I had made my mind up to go and speak to Jacob's father, my body froze. I couldn't get out of my room, nor could I reach the link to contact the Alpha about the misdemeanors that were happening right beneath his nose.

"Don't beat yourself up Nick. There's nothing we can do about it." David spoke softly, attempting to reassure both of us while he patted me on the shoulder. I just stared at him with disbelief but turned away from him. He wasn't in the wrong in this situation.

Jacob is.

A lot of noise announced Jacob's arrival, along with one of those hussies that he had draped on his arm. He smirked while he sat down with a happy "Hey guys." before he started to wolf down food. He didn't seem fazed about giving his mate the cold shoulder.

That fucking bastard... I growled lowly, letting go of all the anger in my body. He looked up immediately while his eyes gained a harder edge. He placed his hands on the table and growled back, "What is your problem Nick?"

The anger in my chest boiled over, especially after seeing him down a full plate of food while Paige couldn't even finish off an apple on her own.

I shoved him in his chest while I growled, "You are, you asshole!" he fell on the ground with a shocked expression on his face but I didn't gave him time to react. "Haven't you noticed that everyone of us feels like crap because of your command? If you could just use your eyes and the little pea you have for a brain, you could see that Paige hasn't come in to eat, for all this time."

I took a step towards him. "You might have noticed that my parents had to adjust her clothes several times over so that they wouldn't fall off of her, or that she hasn't had a good night's sleep since we stopped speaking to her."