Chapter 21

---Paige's POV---

We spend the rest of the evening and night goofing around until Jacob's father came down in his PJ's and demanded us to go home and sleep. I laughed quietly when the others groaned out loud but I had to admit; I felt slightly exhausted.

I waved a goodnight at the guys while I gave the girls a quick hug for the night. Just when I was about to turn around, I noticed a torn expression on Jacob's face. His eyes flashed, wolf clearly struggling with wanting to stay with me and letting me have some personal space. He snapped out of it when he saw me staring, and gave me a smile before he went upstairs.

"Quit your daydreaming sis," Nick muffled a giant yawn behind his hand before he mumbled, "I want to go to sleep..." I laughed at his whiny tone and playfully pushed him out the door, making him growl half-heartedly.

-------

A tender smile curled my lips when the sun started peeking through the curtains before I looked at my radio. In exactly one week, I would be a full-grown shifter. My smile faltered when I realized that it would also be the beginning of my so-called heat.

My door jolted open and I jumped out of bed. Unfortunately for me, my legs were tangled in the sheets and I landed in an ungraceful pile of limbs and bed sheets with a loud bang. I heard Nick's roaring laughter, echoing through the whole house while Grace and Amy looked slightly embarrassed when I managed to rip the sheets off my head.

Well, the blush on Grace's face indicated embarrassment; Amy's face was strained red from holding her breath whilst biting her lip to keep her from laughing as hard as Nick. "O-Oh, I'm so sorry Paige." Grace muttered, turning scarlet red while Amy started shaking a little.

I made my way out of the mess, brushing over the sore spots on my shins and head. Nick popped his head in, tears leaking from his eyes while he gasped for breath. "What's wrong Paige? Can't the almighty shifter win from some bed sheets?" My eyes narrowed at him before I took a small step forwards.

Nick's eyes flew to my foot; he blinked, looked up at me and then bolted out the room, with me close on his heels. "Too slow Paige!" he hollered out while he dashed for the second pair of stairs, racing to the front door. I heard the sound of shuffling feet downstairs but paid no attention on it when I pounced on him, balancing on the edge of the stairs.

I let out a small yelp when we tilted, accompanied with the typical loud rumbling sound of two absolute idiots falling down a flight of stairs. I landed flat on my stomach, the air squished out of my body when Nick fell onto my back.

We both groaned loudly; his chin had collided with my head on the way down, I think I elbowed him in the ribs on accident and we both grasped the source of our pain.

That's how Jacob found us; me lying in fetal position with both of my hands wrapped around my head cursing under my breath while Nick was rubbing over his chin, groaning in pain.

"What happened here?" Jacob asked, looking at me with concern in his eyes before he murderously glared at Nick.

"HE STARTED IT!" I shouted at the same time Nick shouted, "SHE STARTED IT!" while we were both pointing a finger at the other accusingly. We glared at each other before we both screamed, "I did NOT!"

Jacob was looking back and forth between us like it was a tennis-match, instead of two teens, spewing accusations at each other.

"You just jumped on me while we were on the edge of the frickin' stairs! What kind of idiot does that?"

"Oh, like you're mister innocent! You and those two," I replied, jabbing a finger at a slightly red Grace and Amy, whom were both leaning against the wall while they held their stomachs, "Decided to scare me to death this morning!"