Chapter Thirty-Nine

Colby's POV

"I-I can't do this anymore...I am so so tired of feeling like this" I muttered under my breath.

I was currently in my room, packing up my bag because we as in Sam and I had decided to move into the house today. Sooner the better because then we wouldn't have to worry about moving anymore.

Talking about Sam..I hadn't had a proper conversation with him since that talk I had with him a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, time had flew fast..feels like nothing had change but honestly, everything's different.

I went MIA on social media. I do still post videos weekly but I've managed to not be active on twitter and such. I had ignored almost every calls and texts that I got from Brennen and Caroline. Well, they were the ones who actually cared enough to notice my change of behavior. Don't get me wrong, my fans cared too and I appreciated them.

"Hey Colby"

I lifted up my head to see Kat leaning against the door frame. She was as gorgeous as her usual self. I liked her choice of clothing, a pinkish croptop, Sam's merch hoodie and shorts with high heels. Her hair was curled at the tips.

"Hi Kat..I'm guessing Sam called you over?" I zipped my finished bag.

"Yeah, thought I dropped by and say hi. Caroline's been crazy worrying about you" Kat chuckled.

"Sorry that I don't join you guys anymore..it's uh sort of personal" I ran my left hand through my hair.

"I have no problem with you..but just know that I want you to be happy. Through anything..just try to be happy allright?" Kat smiled softly.

"Yeah..I'll try Kat. Thanks" I nodded and watched her walked away.

But I just think it was too late for that huh...it wasn't my choice to be this broken.

My phone might have had rang for the hundreth time today and I was starting to get annoyed. I reached for it and was about to shut it off before I saw the caller ID and stopped mid-action.

5 missed calls from IGNORE 💀

My hands trembled and the phone slipped and fall onto the bed. I was beat in sweat and I could literally feel my heart pumping blood and oxygen for a million miles a minute.  The time felt like it had froze in that specific moment.

Why the fuck was he calling me? I thought I cut off all ties to him?  How did he even get my number in the first place?

I took a deep breath and typed a message to that contact. I asked what he wanted and how he got my number then I shut off the phone and silent it.

"Colbs! Let's go, you done packing?" Sam called from I guess the living room.

I grabbed my bag and my other stuff  quickly and went to go meet Sam and Kat in the living room. My mind was a messed because of the caller so I wasn't really paying attention to the world anymore. That's why you could actually imagine how shocked and surprised I was to see Caroline Hattaway there.

"C-Caroline? What are you doing here?" I groaned.

Great, just great. Another unneeded distraction. I seriously just want her to leave. Kat I could handle but her? Not in a million years.

"Hi Colbs! I missed you so much. You young man shouldn't have a girl worry about you and the least you could do is return her calls" Caroline pouted.

Oh so pathetic. I have a lot of things to worry about like maybe the scars on my arm and obviously not some girl worrying about me. I clenched my fists.

"I was busy" I said through gritted teeth and narrowed my eyes.

God, I just hate people right now. Just please please get away from me. I wanted to scream.

"Sam, let's just get going. Get your stuff into the back" I tried my best to ignore her and focus on the task at hand.

"Sure..I'll be right behind ya. It's okay right that they're coming with us?" Sam looked at me for reassurance.

"Whatever" I said before leaving the room.

The whole ride to the trap house was quiet. There were times I would enjoy the silence but not right now. I needed some noise to block all the voices in my head. But I only have myself to blame for the heavy atmosphere between the four of us. I know they're worried, know that they feared the things I do to myself at night. What can I say? No amount of lies could fix their thought of me. 

I'm just that broken.

When we arrived, I saw a truck that made my heart dropped. Of course he had to be here. Okay, why the hell does today brought out so much bad luck for me? Wow, does mother nature really hate me that much. Guess I can't blame her, even I don't like myself.

"What's up guys, your rooms are upstairs and are across from each other. The bathroom is in the middle. Welcome to the Trap House!" Corey greeted us with a goofy smile on his face as soon as we got out of the car.

Sam and I nodded and started to retrieved our bags. I let him go first with Kat by his side and I think everyone could see how awkward Caroline was being but I paid no attention to that. I shook my head and began my steps when Corey came by and stopped me.

"You good Colby?"

"Yeah, totally fine. Feeling much better" Lies. Ten points to me.

"Someone asked me to give you this short note and to tell you that the person is waiting in your room right now. Good luck" Corey handed over to me a crumbled piece of paper.

"Thanks for uh passing. Seriously though" I nodded and stepped inside the mansion and slowed down to a stop at the stairs. I sat down gently on the steps and opened up the paper.

Colby Brock.

We need to talk. You've been ignoring me and I want to know why. Please just talk to me. I'm already in your room.

>>BT

My first reaction was to roll my eyes. Then a flash of hurt came back to me but as soon as it appeared, it was gone. This was the guy who triggered my relapse in the first place but here I was, about to go and meet him.

"Colby?"

I looked up and met a pair of green eyes in front of me. I didn't do anything this time. I didn't roll my eyes or gave a sarcastic and harsh remark. Instead, I just stood there and stared at her. She was wearing a summery white dress with a pair of combat boots. She did her hair up into a ponytail. I liked it.

I stood still as she closed the gap between us and attached her lips to mine. To be honest, I didn't know how to react so I kissed her back. I gently put my hands to the side of both of her cheeks. She wrapped her hands behind my back and I let it go on for a few more seconds before I pulled away.

"C...you know that I-"

"No, just shut up Cole. I don't care if you don't like me in that way. I just wanted to kiss you today. That's all really" Caroline cut me off and walked away into the kitchen.

What is it with my best friends calling me Cole now a days? And since when does C kissed anyone for fun? The world really had changed when I was MIA. I shook my head and proceed to my bedroom.

The note wasn't joking because Brennen was actually in my new room, standing by the window sheel. He had a vape in his hand and hell when I say that he still looked as hot as he was the last time I saw him. He was still the person I secretly gave all my heart to. Brennen still managed to take my breath away after all this time.

And oh how I wished that things were different. I stood quietly like a cement and watched him turned around towards my direction.