Chapter Six

Colby sat in the passenger seat as Sam drove them to the place Bradlee told them all to meet up. For what reason, he didn't know what.
     "Do you like them?" Sam asked but quickly add "Being friends with them I mean" when he saw Colby's eyes widen.
     "It had only been a week, Sam. I can't judge yet based on that timeline" Colby replied.
     "I know..I know..It's just...we used to talk about meeting Brennen Taylor and his group of friends back in Kansas and now it just seemed-" Sam didn't get to finish the sentence when Colby cut him.
     "Unnecessarily spoken of? I understand how you feel. He's not that impressive in person either..just give them time" Colby interrupted.
      "I'm sorry..I shouldn't even been asking these types of questions. It's just stuck in my head" Sam-with a stir of habit- tapped the steering wheel.
      "I don't mind" Colby shortly replied.

————————————————————————
"Guys! Glad you can make it" Bradlee face lighted up when he saw Colby and Sam walking towards his direction.
"Only you?" Colby asked. He had been much more comfortable around Bradlee then the others.
"I'd never come here alone. Need someone to help pay for it, ya know" Bradlee chuckled. "I invited Brennen too" He added.
As if on cue, Brennen came out of the nearby store. A jewellery store? What would he been doing in there? Colby thought to himself.
"I like to wear rings" Bren said when he saw Colby's expression. Colby nodded and look at the ground embarrassed.
      All of them went into the restaurant and ordered their food. Colby had excused himself to the bathroom.
      He stood in front of the mirror and shut his eyes. No one else was in the restroom with him until he heard the door opening.
      "Why are you standing like that with your eyes close?" Said a voice he grown a little bit familiar with.
      Colby immediately open his eyes and stared at the person behind him in the reflection of the mirror. "I-no reason..are-never mind" Colby shut his mouth when he realized how stupid the question will sound like.
      "No. Go ahead and ask me, I'm interested in learning more about you and your blonde friend" Brennen said with amusement in his voice.
     "I was going to ask if you're following me but never mind and by the way, my 'blonde friend' has a name which is Sam so start calling him that" Colby rolled his eyes and started walking towards the door.
     "Wait..I really want to get to know you better. Go out with me tomorrow? Just you and I? (A/N : Gotta promo the book though 😋)" Brennen was pleading even if it doesn't show on his face.
      "Where?" Colby asked.
      "My house. I mean-we meet up at my house then we'll decide how to spend the day?" Brennen crossed his arms.
      "Okay then I guess" Colby shrugged and closed the restroom door.

Like and comment guys 😘