Chapter Forteen

Brennen's POV
I watched as Colby put on the shirt I gave him. It's tight. But that was exactly my intention when I bought the shirt. To make his body stand out.
I don't know why but every time I'm with him, I feel this little sensation to do something to him. Anything that involves skin to skin contact.
But I know I can't. I'm straight. Well, atleast I think I am before I met him and I'm sure he's straight. I mean look at that beautiful-
"This is not my size bro. I mean..I like it but it's not my size" Colby stared at himself in the mirror.
I decided to tease him. "Oh c'mon, you look like you're on fire. You're so hot that I'm sure any girl would want to take you to bed".
Colby glared at me and turned back to look at the mirror. Then something flashed in his eyes. It was quick but I saw it. A flash of uncertainty and self-loathing...
I stood up and walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulder blades. I heard him inhaled a deep breath.
"Are you okay, Colbs?" I asked.
"I'm fine. I'll wear it" Colby said and smiled. It was a fake one but I didn't want to push him. If he didn't want to talk about it, then that's fine by me.
I nodded and walked away from him to the bedroom door and made a phone call. When I hung up, I watched Colby from the distance.
I wondered sometimes why he was so closed up and cold. Why he acted like there's something wrong with him. God, I want to know his past so badly but I couldn't bring myself to ask.
I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realized it when he snapped his fingers in front of my face.
"U good bro?"
"Y-yeah...I'm good. Let's go, the car is waiting" I managed a smirked. He nodded and let me pulled him to the car.

Can you all do me a favour by voting? I'm not desperate for it or anything but the vote counts gives me motivation to write more. Anywho, I love you for choosing to read the book 😘