Chapter Seven

Colby woke up earlier than usual the next day. He wasn't even sure why he was getting so worked up about. It was just a day to get to know Brennen better.
     He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard rapid knocking on the door. He shifted his gaze on the mirror and walked over to the door to open it. It was Sam.
     "Why are you awake so early?" Sam asked with a curiosity tone.
     Sure it was not a good thing to lie so Colby told him the truth. "Brennen wanted to get to know me better and stuff...".
      "You sure? It's not more tha-"
      "Stop. I know what you were going to say. No, I'm sure he just want to hang" I rolled my eyes.
      "What? I don't like him" Sam looked at him sharply.
      "It had only been a week..." Colby was about to leave Sam and walked back over to the mirror when he heard Sam muttered.
      "Just be careful..."
——————————————————————
      Colby ubered to the address Brennen gave him the other night. The location turned out to be a decent house.
      The colour of the walls are white and there was a stair leading up to the front door. He paid the Uber and climb up the stairs.
      He knocked the door. It was swung open within seconds. Revealing Brennen on the other side wearing a white tee and black jeans.
      "Colby! You made it. Come in" Brennen smiled cheerfully. Colby didn't respond and just step inside.
       The house wasn't that big. A perfect house for a single person. Maybe even a pair. Colby's eyes scanned the room. Nothing special. He returned his gaze to Bren.
       "I'm sorry..not much of a cooker and thought we will be heading out?" There was something about his tone that made Colby felt unease.
       "Why don't we just sit down and talk? Maybe next time we'll go out.." Colby shifted uncomfortably. Brennen nodded and sat down on the couch and Colby did the same.
       "What's your name? On your birth certificate" Brennen seemed eager to get into questioning.
       Colby winced on that question but tried to keep it cool. "Cole Robert Brock..call me Colby. I don't like the name Cole". Brennen nodded.
       "How old are you?" Colby asked. He knew Brennen's full name so he didn't think asking that will do much.
       "I'm 20. Still young though" Brennen chuckled. Surprisingly, Colby chuckled too. "I'm starting to like you Taylor".
       "What type of like? A like I should be act normal or a like that meant I should not find any girlfriends because you want me?" Brennen laughed and that made Colby laughed as well. He shook his head repeatedly and didn't stop laughing.

       Please like and comment on the book for me? It means a lot 😘.