Chapter Forty-Five

Colby's POV

"Colby, get off that ledge!" I heard Brennen yelled behind me. Somehow, his tone convinced me to put my foot back down on the ground.

I blinked my tears away. I was so exhausted..I just really wanted it all to end. Now that Brennen was here, I was guessing that Sam had already told him about it. I sighed. I didn't get off the ledge though. I didn't even turn to look at him.

I couldn't do it. If I was going to die tonight, the image of Brennen was the last thing I would ever want to see last. I didn't want to see his emerald green eyes. Or his brown hair. Or his mouth. Or his jawline. I would seriously break.

"No" My answer came out as a soft whisper.

"Why Colby? Why do you think this is the best solution right now" With every word I could hear him coming closer to me.

I didn't answer at first but then I pulled up my sleeves and turned towards him a bit. I showed it to him, both of my arms. That was the first time someone ever saw my cuts because I wanted to them to. I was used to Sam walking in on me.

"Because these were not working anymore. I can't feel anything Brennen. Anything. I can't live like this anymore.." I pressed on every single word that I said.

Brennen gasped quietly and his eyes drifted from my scars to my eyes over and over again. I stared back into his eyes and I realised that they were watery. So when he grabbed my wrist and scanned my arm, I let him.

Maybe I wanted to be save. But I just couldn't believe in hope anymore.

"Colby..why didn't you tell me?" Brennen said while sounding desperate. His tears hadn't stop yet and it made his voice a little groggy.

"You're really asking me that? Brennen..I wanted you to love the good me. The cheerful hyped Colby Brock. Not this cold broken one. I thought that if I was perfect, no one would leave me ever again. I was so tired.. so tired of getting stabbed in the back repeatedly. And still I wasn't good enough for you" I sighed and pulled away my wrist.

"You don't get it Colby..You are perfect. Just by being yourself. Wanna know why? You had inspired so many teenagers and kids out there. All over the world you have that influence. You saved a lot of lives Colby. Yeah, some of your fans feel the way you're feeling. You were not alone. You were never alone Colby. So what would they think now? If they saw the person that always gave that hope and inspiration on a ledge about to jump to his death? They love you Colby. Just the same way you love them. And I know they do not want to lose you to this. Like this" Brennen dared me to answer but I didn't.

When he mentioned my fans, I cried even harder. They were here for me since day one. Just like Sam had been here. The sayings were true then right..when someone chose to end themself, it ended their pain but had also transfered it to someone else. But I don't want to lie anymore. I was tired of all the act and fakeness.

"But the person that I want to really love me did not" I mumbled and shifted my view to look at the drop. I bit my lower lip to distract myself.

Brennen eyes snapped up and he came even closer until he was literally leaning over the beam. But then he did something that I'd never think he would do for a million years. He climbed over and stood beside me on the ledge. With both of us on the ledge right now, the space was a bit tighter.

"Please Colby..stop assuming that. I'm different okay? I can't tell you exactly how I feel so that's why I don't usually say it but I do love you Colby Brock. Everything I said that night. I meant it every word. Kyra was just my way with handling of you being gone and the fact that you didn't want us to be together officially. I have a big ego Cole. Rejection really stabbed me in the gut. You rejected me every single time I asked the question and honestly it fucking hurt. I didn't have anything serious with her Colby" Brennen whispered.

"Ego. A feeling that could kill a lot of people" I muttered. I was conflicted with the feeling of wanting to trust him and wanting to shut him away.

"You changed me into a better person Colby. I really really do not want to lose the person that made everything better for me" Brennen pleaded.

"I don't think I am strong enough to keep fighting Bren" I sighed.

"Then I promised to always be here by your side" Brennen intertwined our hands.

"Nothing can change my mind Brennen. Now, please just let me go" I tried to pulled away but he wouldn't have it.

"Okay fine Colby. But if you jump, I'll jump too. I'm serious. What's the point of life when you're not here with me anymore?" Brennen glared.

"You are wasting your breath. You can't talk me-ahhhhh!" I waved my free hand in the air and started walking off to actually do it but I stumbled accidently and screamed because I was so sure that it would be the end of my story. I was not ready to say goodbye. I shut my eyes tightly.

But then a pair of arms catched me and pulled me into an tight embrace.

"I told you that I'd never let you go again..losing you was the same as losing myself" Brennen whispered into my ears.

I let him caried me down from the ledge and back into the car. I was tramautized. I thought that I was ready but I realised that I was too young to stop breathing. No matter how broken I was, giving up was not acceptional. I couldn't dwell on my past forever. Max gave me the permission and closure for me to move on. I've finally found the people in my life that actually gave me the happiness I longed for.

"Brennen.."

"Yes Colby?"

"Thank you. For saving me. I'm really really glad I met you"

"I'm glad I met you too... Be my boyfriend Colby? I want us to have something more than just a friendship" Brennen asked as he started the engine.

"Did you really have to ask? I almost killed myself because of you Bren" I looked over to him with a small smile forming on my lips.

"Thought I asked, just to sound polite" Brennen chuckled and winked at me.

I giggled and leaned in closer to him. Our lips touched and started moving against each other. His lips fit perfectly against mine. I could feel our heartbeats slowed down to match each other. I didn't want anything else other than his warmth. At that moment, I knew that I had gave him my all.

Brennen Taylor held the key to my heart and my cold soul and I don't think he even knows it. I'd let him break me to pieces and watch him build me up again over and over if I had to. But the only thing that I will remember forever was that..

This guy that I had met in a Youtube Anniversarry Party had completely saved my goddamned life.

THE END.

Comment down below if you have any suggestion for a story of any ships (Ex : Brolby, Solby, Satrina etc). Or a youtuber and your name
( Ex : ColbyXy/n ). Tell me what you want to see !

Need help coming up with a plot lovelys.

Also, tell me your honest opinion on the book? Maybe I can fix myself in some bits.

Overall, thank you angels for taking the time to read Something More. And was patient with the slow updates. Means a lot to me.

Babess!! Go check out Until It Sticks, It's the sequel for Something More and I do hope you enjoy it just as much.

Until next time, Angels .