Chapter Nine

Brennen's POV
I stormed off into the restroom of the restaurant. I can't help it, I hate the way Colby's eyes brightened up when he talked about that girl.
Caroline Hattaway. I met her before. A gorgeous girl with emerald green eyes and blonde hair. She has a stunning personality. I liked her then but not now.
I'm not jealous. I mean like, why would I be? He's my friend. Nothing more. But I can't help but feel that little pit in my stomach.
Suddenly, the door clicked open. I didn't turn to look because I was too lost in my thoughts until I feel a hand on my right shoulder.
My eyes widen and my body spun around towards the person. It was Colby. I remembered the day I asked him to give me a chance to become his friend in a restroom just like this one.
"What's wrong?" His voice sounded concern. I tried keeping my face expressionless but failed nonetheless.
"Nothing. You don't need to worry" I replied. My eyes softened when I realized how harsh that might have sounded.
Colby pulled his hand away and looked at the ground. I raised my eyebrows when he mumbled.
"Look, Brennen-" He didn't finish the sentence because someone else walked into the restroom. We watched as the man hurried himself into a stall.
"We should get out. Why do we always spend our time in the restroom?" Colby chuckled innocently.
      "Maybe its where all good relationships starts?" I suggested to get a cute reaction from him but his face fell grim.
      "Believe me when I say, not all...sometimes the bathroom or restroom is the place where all the nightmares started" Colby said with a serious tone and walked out the door.
      I can't help but wonder to myself. Is he hiding something? He seemed like a happy person to me...
      Okay. Maybe not.

I love the ones who votes the book every time I posted a new chapter. It means a lot to me. I love you alls ❤️