You both admit you like each other

"You know he likes you right?" Your friend asked you.

"No he doesn't, why do people keep saying that?" You whined.

"Because it's true!" She retaliated.

You shook your head denying it. Niall and you were just friends. He treated you like you were best friends that's it.

Everyone kept telling you that he likes you but you just couldn't see it. You thought that you would never be good enough for him so you've always denied it.

"Watch I bet that when he walks through that door he'll compliment you." She spoke.

"That doesn't prove anything," you countered shaking your head.

"Yes it does! And I bet he'll be checking you out all night. He can never take his eyes off you for long," she smirked, just then the door bell rang.

"Speak of the devil," your friend mumbled making you playfully roll your eyes and head towards the door.

"Hey Niall,"

"Hi y/n" he stepped towards you giving you a hug. "You look nice today," he complimented.

You could just picture your friend smirking knowingly right now.

"Thanks I love your shirt."

"Erm I'll just pretend like I'm not here then," Harry spoke up from behind Niall making you laugh. "Heeeey Harry," you smiled.

"Y/n" he nodded. Where's "y/f/n?"

In there, you pointed towards the room. "Great." He grinned before walking into the room.

"You know he's got a crush on her right?" Niall asked. You nodded your head grinning, "Yup. And I'm pretty sure she feels the same."

"That's good. They're lucky that they both feel the same," Niall added, something told you that, that sentence had a double meaning.

"COME ON LOVEBIRDS WHERE ARE YOU?" Your friend shouted from the living room.

An hour later you were all sat on the couches watching some old programme on TV but no one was really paying attention to it.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Harry asked your friend, she looked shocked but nodded her head. "We'll be right back. Try not to tear each other's clothes off whilst we're gone" Harry winked, which resulted in Niall chucking a cushion at the door he had just gone through.

"I wonder where they've gone?" You wondered.

"I think he's going to ask her out," Niall answered.

"What makes you say that?"

"He told me before he came here that he was finally going to man up and do it." Niall chuckled.

After a few minutes of silence you brought up the subject of you and Niall. You had both joked about it before, so it wasn't too uncomfortable.

"You know y/f/n was still going on about me and you together again today," you chuckled nervously.

"Yeah Harry was doing the same to me too." He replied.

You leaned your head on his shoulder and he ran his fingers through your hair soothingly.

"What would you think about it if it was true?" Niall asked you.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"What would you think if I actually liked you?" He elaborated. The question took you off guard but you thought about it for a few seconds before replying.

"Well....I'd be a little shocked I guess but I think we could....I dunno what I'm trying to say" you admitted. Niall's hands were still comfortingly running through your hair.

"Why do you ask?" You asked. Now it was his turn to stutter and try to think of something. "Because I really do like you." He whispered, it was so quiet that if you weren't intently listening you could have missed it.

"You do?" You asked sitting up properly to face him. He nodded his head slowly, "Yeah. I have for a while now y/n."

"Would you believe me if I told you I feel the same way?" You asked.

His eyes widened, "You do?"

You nodded your head. Niall let out a sigh of relief. "So...y/n will you go out on a date with me?" Niall asked wearily.

You nodded your head smiling, "I'd love to."

Niall's grin widened and he did a little happy dance in his head.

You leaned back into Niall, cuddling him on the couch, he wrapped an arm around you and used the other to run his hand through your hair again.

"Niall?"

"Hmmm" he answered.

"Promise me that things won't change between us"

He kissed the top of your head leaving his lips to linger there, "I promise princess."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you all like it!

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so won't be uploading for 2 weeks, I'm sorry! But comment/vote etc....

And byeee for now x