"Will you stay with me tonight?"

You entered Niall's flat using the spare key that he had given you for emergencies. When he called you he sounded broken, hearing your best friend sound like that broke your heart.

"Niall" you called.

No answer.

You checked the living room to see if he was there as well as the kitchen.

He wasn't there.

You walked up to his bedroom opening the door to find Niall curled up in a little ball in the corner of his room.

You hurriedly walked over to him and sat down next to him.

"Niall," you whispered placing a hand on his back. He slowly looked up towards you with bloodshot eyes, his bottom lip trembled as he let out a sob before he pulled you towards him. You immediately wrapped your arms around him pulling him close to your chest whispering reassurances and soothing words into his ear.

After ten minutes Niall was still in your arms, he had stopped crying. Both of you were sitting in silence, letting the moment last.

After a while you spoke, "Things may seem really hard right now, but I promise you Niall....it will get better. It will. Don't let others get you down."

He looked up, unwrapping his arms from around you. "Will you stay with me tonight?" He whispered. His glassy blue eyes were puffy and red, they showed sadness but also hope. They were pleading you, he looked like a lost puppy.

"Of course," you whispered brushing a hand through his hair soothingly.

"Come on," you said helping him to get up.

"I'll get you something to wear," Niall said walking over to his chest of draws.

He opened the top drawer pulling out a pair of jogging bottoms and a plain white t-shirt. He handed them to you. You walked into the bathroom to get changed. The clothes smelt of Niall and as weird as it sounds it made you feel more comfortable.

You walked back out placing the clothes on a chair before turning around to find Niall looking at you with a small genuine smile appearing on his lips.

He still looked upset but a lot better than he was fifteen minutes ago.

"Come on," he said pulling the covers off of the bed laying down as he patted the space next to him.

You lay down and his arms immediately encircled your waist pulling your back to his chest, so that he was spooning you.

"Thank you" he whispered into your hair.

"Anytime Niall." You replied, "You feeling a little better now?" You asked.

He let out a little sigh before speaking "I'm getting there," he admitted, "A lot better now that you're here though, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I'll always be here for you Niall, no matter what." You smiled.

"Promise?" He asked.

"Promise." You confirmed.

He leant his head over and kissed your cheek leaving his lips to linger there for a few extra seconds, igniting a fire from within you. "Thank you," he whispered sending tingles down your spine.

He cuddled into you closer if it was possible before letting out a content sigh.

"I'm going to go to sleep now. Good night Niall," you spoke.

"Good night Y/N." He replied leaving a soft kiss on the back of your head.

Before you completely fell asleep you heard a very quiet low whisper from Niall

'I love you.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really know how to feel about this one I wrote, but I hope you all like it anyway!!!! Xx