What do you look for

"Y/N what do you look for in a guy?" Your best friend Niall asked catching you off guard. "Ermmm I'm not sure why?" You asked.

"Aw come on, every girl looks for something, isn't that what those 'girly sleepovers are about? oh and the pillow fights'." He winked playfully making you smack his arm. "Pervert" you muttered.

"So spill?" He stated. You thought about it for a while. "Well....he has to have a good sense of humour for sure. Ermm I don't know just someone who'll like me for me and will accept my flaws and treat me right I guess." You said shrugging your shoulders. Niall nodded his head looking in deep thought, you had to nudge him to get him out of his trance. "Were you even listening?" You asked. Niall nodded "Every single word." He smiled.

"So what about you. What do you look for in a girl?" You asked. You were both now sitting cross legged on the couch facing each other.

"Someone who I know is always going to be there for me no matter what. A girl who even with the slightest touch can make me feel alive and full of life...she has to be polite, kind and shy but also a complete lunatic." He chuckled staring directly at you. "And also someone who I know I can wake up next to every single day and wake up feeling the happiest man alive. Finally trust. I'll know I can trust her with my entire life. I can trust her to make me always see the positives even when something feels so negative and dark. She'll be there for me." He finished, you both sat there looking at each other, everything was sinking in what he told you.

You didn't even realise until now that Niall had held your hand and was gently caressing your fingers, you looked down at your hands then back up at Niall who was still looking at you.

Suddenly to break the silence you decided to say something "Oh"

Seriously oh! Out of all of the things you could have said you said oh. Really?

"Erm I mean... Wow... That's quite a few qualities you've got on that list there. You know qualities are really good, like quality streets their chocolate is awesome, I like chocolate......." You rambled going beat red. Making Niall let out a little laugh "Yup. i know"

"Did I mention that I love it when she gets nervous and starts to talk a load of nonsense?" He asked still rubbing his fingers over yours looking at you leaning in an inch. You shook your head slowly a quiet "No" escaped your lips.

"Did I mention that she can be quite oblivious to things?" He asked quietly, by now your foreheads were touching each other's, your heart was racing and you were pretty sure Niall could hear it.

"And...did I mention she was you?" He finally whispered before closing the space in between you pressing his soft lips against yours.

It was a short kiss but enough to ignite your body. It felt like a thousand electric volts had gone off.

After you pulled out, you were still in close proximity, he cupped your cheek gently caressing it before he kissed your forehead.

"You're everything I look for in a girl and more y/n." He whispered. "You're my dream girl, you always have been."