Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

I huffed, amused. "How could I forget?"

Lisa laughed. "Yeah, that was a pretty crazy week."

"You mean you all were crazy~." I supplied, making her laugh harder. A moment passed, before I shifted, changing my position so that I was now sitting Turkish-style on the bed facing her. Reaching out, I placed my half-empty mug on the nightstand. "You know..." I started, tucking a lock of khaki hair behind my ear. "Maybe it's time for you to get in touch with everybody again. I'm sure you miss them."

Lisa hesitated in answering; she frowned, swallowed, and reached up to scratch the back of her head. "I do, but..."

"I don't think they'll reject you." I continued. "Not if they're real friends—which I know they are. And I'm not talking about them only. I'm also talking about your family. About your mother..."

"She never did forgive me for letting you walk out of my life~..." Lisa admitted, wrapping a khaki lock around her finger lovingly.

My hand came to cover her. "She was never mad at you for that. She was disappointed. And, if anything, she was trying to open your eyes. But you are her daughter. Don't think for a moment that she could possibly care more about me."

"I know, but..."

"She would like to know that she has a grandson, Lisa. Your father would love to know that the Manoban line doesn't end with you. And since I've hidden this for six years..." I shrugged. "That would put us on equal footing, don't you think?"

Lisa laughed. Placing her mug aside, next to mine, she wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me into her lap, forcing me to straddle her. Gazing up at me with a gentle look in her eyes, she moved a lock of hair behind my ear. "I made a lot of mistakes, Nini~" She confessed. "I said a lot of things I shouldn't have."

"I know, Lili~" I told her, softly caressing her cheek. "We all do."

Lisa swallowed, meeting my eyes. "Did you forgive me?"

"A long time ago~..." I answered without hesitation. A pause followed, before I returned her question with prodding eyes. "Did you?"

Lisa grinned, and her gaze suddenly turned mischievous. "I think you might still have some making up to do~..." Lisa drawled as she grasped my hips and lowered me to the bed, before following suit on top of me.

I could only laugh.

[A/N: Sorry. No smut details. LOL.]

[A/N: I would like to ask for y'all to please listen to the video while reading the remaining parts of the story. Thank you.]

"Be careful~..." I heard her voice warning me and almost groaned out loud as I pawned at the hands that covered my eyes.

"How am I supposed to be careful when I can't even see where I'm going?" I complained.

"That's why I'm telling you when to be careful, because you can't see~..." Lisa replied cheerfully.

I would have rolled my eyes if they had not been closed.

Up until now, only two things were clear to me: one, Lisa had taken me to a restaurant that served delicious food; and two, Lisa had covered my eyes and claimed she had a surprise. We might have also ridden an elevator up to somewhere.