Chapter 18 "The "Shelter" A New Home"

Author's point of view

The end could not be more dramatic and intense as the separation took place as per order of the court to enforces the law onto this case, a separation which Abby once feared of and maybe this was the only reason she didn't wanted to approach the court, but what was once feared has now actually happened, As Abby and Leo were apart, just like Andrew and Walle, but such was the destiny destined to happen.

Leo was moved on to a special shelter for kids who are facing family problems like parents being divorced and parents who lost their life due to an accident and then their kids being send to this special facility or even ran away kids can live here freely under one roof.

The building was huge and the architecture was of a modern design. With huge glass windows and ceilings covering the external part of the building, the combination of white and off-white walls giving it an office look unlike the floor as it seems like a chess board, some spikes of greenery here and there giving it an office look because of the artificial plants and painting. A sad picture of misery for some people.

Dormitories were distinguished as per the age groups of the children. 1 till 5 years was restricted for everyone, but 6 till 12 years old were in one dorm and 13 till 17 were kept in one dorm and a separate dorm was there for 18 till 22 year old kids who were actually living in with the staff and teachers that were living there as well for the institutional management for this shelter. 

From the moment Leo got there he found that environment uncomfortable, he pleaded to take him back to his mother but nobody was there to listen to his plea. He got in rolled with the class of 13 till 17 years old age group as he was going to turn 16 soon after 3 days. He never knew that he had to spend his birth day in such an unknown place and without her mother. No wonder how many days he was going to spend here alone until Abby gets everything right again. Leo got to his dorm where he found many boys rough housing around the place, his nature was clam and peaceful he never enjoy something repellent to his nature. He come across many talents that boys can do as he found two boys trying to shoot spit as far as they can. He crossed the common room section and got to the bed room section, it was a huge hall with six bunk beds each on the both sides of the room. He found his suit case and school bag on the fourth bed on the right side of the room, he unpacks the suitcase and keeps his stuff in the side table, he found a photo frame of his picture with Abby, when she was hugging him from behind and they both were making funny facieses, he smiled at the picture and adjust it carefully on the table by the lamp. It was actually the first time he smiled since he arrived at the shelter. Leo felt a tremble on his bed, he noticed there was someone on his bed, on the bunk above him, soon two feet's appeared, dangling down from above and suddenly a boy jumped down, just like a frog on a lotus leaf and into the pond. He soar above and turn his face towards the bed and...

Leo: "are you okay?" 

Liam: "Yea I am great, my name is Liam and we are sharing this bed."

Leo: "oh great I guess"