Chapter 8: The Help in Silence

Author's point of view

Andrew slept that night restlessly. Next day he got early up and left the house before Walle so that to avoid any more question from him about not going to work. He had some breakfast and head out he wonder here and there to kill his time. He got to the restaurant an hour earlier, just because to avoid any further delay and of course he was killing time in random places, why not to spend this time at the location that was highlighted earlier.

Andrew chose the table next to the huge glass wall so that he can see the lively streets and other restaurants, that was rushed with people as it was probably the lunch time for the employees working in nearby offices, the time passes by and when it finally came Andrew decided to call her again, as soon as he dials her number and listen to the bell going in, suddenly in the meantime a cell phone also starts to rang somewhere in the café, He got shocked and turned around to see if she was already here, but it was someone else a man how pick up his phone and even started talking while on Andrew's phone the bell was still going,

After four rings she finally picked it up, she told Andrew that she was around the corner parking her car. He waited tentatively for her and she finally arrives at 10:20, Andrew waved at her, she first ignores the wave as she didn't saw that, than comes around the hall and sits next to him, She was in a complete bossy attire, A black suit along with a plain white collared dress shirt and a red tie on it and a small silver brief case, Her light brown hairs were tied up in a lose bun accompanied by a sun glasses, She sits next to Andrew and apologies him for showing up late...

Abby: "I am really sorry, for being late here, I know you're busy too but I was really caught up in a work, that had to be completed,"

Andrew: "Ah oh no don't be sorry, I was free today..."

Abby: "Oh wow no work on Tuesdays that is great, really need an extra one to kick off that stress"

Andrew: "Ah no! Actually I wanted to tell you something,"

Abby: "What?"

Andrew: "that night! When I helped you, I was running late for my son birthday dinner and had some reservation in an hotel as well,"

Abby: "That's nice"

Andrew: "yea, But when I left you and you're there I only had 30 minutes left to make it to the restaurant,"

Abby: "Oh no, how did you make it?"

Andrew: "well the matter of fact I didn't, I had to parked my car at the check point as it was a company's cab that I was driving, and on my way back to the checkpoint I also got in to an accident,"

Abby: "oh my!"

Andrew: "yea and when the owner of my cab got to know about the accident, he fired me from my only job,"

Abby: "Oh my God, I am really sorry about that, I am really sad to hear about this, and what about your son's birthday dinner?"

Andrew: "he slept waiting for me, we never got to make it to the dinner as well,"

Abby: "and this is all because of me, I will help you in any way just tell me what you want",

Andrew: "No I didn't said that it was your fault, I just wanted someone to listen to my problem, as you were the only person that night who exactly knew what happened that night"

Abby: "Yes that is true, I am glad you asked me,"

Andrew: "I haven't told my son that I have lost my job, or else he will leave his college just to save money for the rent,"

Abby: "Ok first that's never gonna happen and second I am willing to give you a job at my office,"

Andrew: What! Really?

Abby: "yes I am going to help you with that, I needed a driver as my old driver got another job at a local cab company, so he left the job, I was also really busy looking for a good driver and that was the same reason that I got late because I was giving an ad in the newspaper for that job,"

Andrew: "well that is really generous of you, I am thankful for that,"

Abby: "ah, don't be thankful to me, but guess what I am thankful to you because you solved my problem again,"

Andrew: "hahaha, no problem,"

Abby: "well matter of fact I got this form in my brief case, you can fill all the details out and attach the required documents and come to my office here is my business card."

Andrew: "Ok sure! Thank you, would you like to have some coffee?"

Abby: "Yea, sure"

They had some coffee and then and shared some few words, Abby got to go back to work, so they cut it short their conversation and until they parted each other. Andrew got back to home, he was now really relived to finally have a job again.

He filled out the form along with all the details and waited until Walle to find about his new job, and so in the evening when everyone was at the dinner table Andrew finally revealed about his new job to everyone, accordingly after hearing this good news Mrs. McLaren was so delighted and she decided to make an apple pie tomorrow for him, Walle also was really happy about this news and he also asked about, what happened to his old job.

Mrs. McLaren: "Oh I am so happy for you dear, that I am going to make an apple pie for you dear,"

Mr. McLaren: "oh yes you should"

Walle: "I am really happy to hear this dad congrats, but what happened to the old one?

Andrew: "Well that Sam was a jerk, so I quitted that job and a friend of mine offered me a new one,"

Walle: "Wow that's cool, and beside I hated that guy too, by the way which friend?"

Andrew: "She a good friend, I will invite her someday on dinner."

Mr. McLaren: "Oh oh now that's my man,"

Andrew: "oh no, nothing like that sir, She I married and also have a kid,"

Mr. McLaren: "oh now that's a bummer."

Walle didn't utter a word after this conversation there was now a fear settling in him, an undefined fear that was making him uncomfortable to see his dad with someone else, but after know the details he was also relieved that his friend was actually married and was helping him as a friend. But the only thing bothering Walle was that how come this "friend" of dad came into being and this sudden change that was coming in their life was being deeply influenced by her on dad as well.

Next day Andrew got to the office's address that was actually mentioned on the card and submitted the form to Abby's secretary. As she already knew about this short notice, Abby's secretary handed Andrew the car keys and a bright uniform, As Andrew was really excited to see that new attire for him, and also Abby's secretary also handed the printed Schedule for this week to him and he was once again back on track but this time with an Audi rs7 not with an ordinary cab.