Chapter 6: The Flashback Restored

Author's point of view

    Two years later...

{Chicago Illinois}

{22nd January}

It's been two years since Allison left Walle and Andrew, as they moved on in life ahead, by shutting all the doors of past and burning down the bridges that leads to that past, as they found that as a distraction which could never had let them move on.

Now they are living in a house on rent, along with a family of two, the old and sweet husband and wife, this old couple gave Andrew and Walle a room along with a bathroom attached to it and also provided them breakfast, lunch and dinner, they slept on a double floored bed, Walle sleeps at the top while Andrew at the bottom, Andrew got the cab of his own, now he was earning on a daily bases but still sometimes they don't have enough to buy what they desire, and Walle got in college and was currently in the 3rd semester of his bachelors, he tried to work part time in many places but his job didn't lasted too long, so he was depending on so his father still, and lead a normal life just like this day,

Andrew: "Walle wake up!"

Walle: "umm, let me sleep"

Andrew: "come on dude wake up, I want to show you something"

Walle: "Dad, its Sunday let me sleep!"

Andrew: "come on bud I am getting late for work, get down here"

Walle: "Ahh, alright"

Walle got down his bed while rubbing his eyes and yawing wildly of his face, finds a blur picture at first and when the things got settled down ,

Andrew: "Surprise! Happy birth day son",

Walle: "what?"

Andrew: "It's your 21st birth day! Here, I got you this cake, Go ahead make a wish!

Walle: "wow dad, thanks for reminding me how useless I am still"

Andrew: "Hey dude come on what's the matter? I didn't say that to you"

Walle: "I don't know dad, but I don't want to make birthdays anymore"

Andre: "hey bud, no! It's alright you can tell me,"

Walle: "I had the same nightmare again, everything right in front of my eyes happened all over again,"

Andrew: "Its ok, sometimes I also get these same bad dreams, but these are just dreams,"

Walle: "yea you are right, thanks for the cake dad,"

Andrew: "Nah, not a big deal, you don't have to think anything odd now, I will come back from my shift and we can go out for dinner,"

Walle: "Ok, done!"

Andrew: "Ok I am, going out, see ya later"

Walle: "See ya dad, bye"

Andrew's point of view

Life was back on track finally, it's been time that Walle and I actually celebrated something, trying so hard to put back the pieces of love that Allison left in us. Still I manage to make living out of what we have eared, and we don't even try to cross the limit where we desire something more than just basic needs, it's funny that even if we try to spend money it would be on something to eat. A son and his father are definitely not going to spend on shiny jewelry and cloths. Well that's the reason we guys can easily make up to living.

As today is my son's birthday so I have promised him of the dinner at Ditka's Restaurant Oakbrook Terrace, as I had reserved a table for two that evening. I left for the work, and took my cab from my check point, the sliver leaf pit stop and got some rides around the city, the day went by as a white paper that looks alike as the others, the dusk approached as the dying whiteness of the sky fills in with the darkness of the night, just like the stirring of water in a glass with an dark blue ink.