chapter:2 A Rough Night

Author's point of view,

Later the day at noon Allison had an appointment at the clinic, she had took off for that and Walle was in his room talking to his best friend Ben on his cell phone about the day, how it went and he also asked Ben that maybe they together can work part time at the gaming center, as the doorbell rings Walle head out to check on it, it was his dad, with a stressed and tired look on his face but he still pass a big smile and meet him warmly, Walle puts away his coat and hat and bring a glass of water for him,

Walle: "Here you go dad,"

Andrew: "thanks bud and how was your day?"

Walle: "it was good, it was the last time I will see that high school again, and how was your day?"

Andrew: "Ah! Same old grumpy, where mom?"

Walle: "she's at the doc, she had an appointment"

Andrew: "oh, oh ya I forgot, she told me, and I hope she's doing great,

Walle: "ya she said she was feeling better now and everything is going to be back to the old days, but with a new change,"

Andrew: "new change ha, sound's interesting, what's that?"

Walle: "Ben and I have decided to find part-time job at the game center,"

Andrew: wow! That's great now I can see a college boy there haha!

(Keys clicking) (Door opens from behind)

Walle: "Mom! You home?"

Allison: "Yes, I am home"

Andrew: "Welcome home dear,"

Allison: "Ah Andrew, you here, did you got something to eat?" 

Andrew: "Nope! Not yet, I just came,"

Allison: "Oh! Ok you just get yourself freshen up and I'll put up the food for you guys"
Andrew: thanks honey! How was your appointment?

Allison: "they said I'll be fine, I just need to go back to work I can't stay on home see you like this working all day long,"

Andrew: but honey, you are not well...

Allison: I know that, don't tell me something that I already know, if I'll never be well  again that does not mean I can't go back to work ...

Walle: MOM! ... Why are you saying that ...?

Allison: Walle go to your room!

Walle: you said you were fine!

Allison: Just go to your room dad and I want to talk!

Andrew: what's the matter honey ...?

As Walle stamper walked away from the scene, he could not hear the conversation going on downstairs clearly, he was in his room in a sense of distress and overthinking on this situation as to see his mother in a completely new tone, a tone that sounded as it was in a situation that has existed for a long time and she trying to come out of it.

At ten O'clock Walle heard his mother calling him down for the dinner, he quickly get down and into the kitchen where he found his mom and dad sat down on the dinner table, it looked as if nothing happened before. So Walle decides to roll with the situation, he sat down, had the food, he felt there was not enough salt in his plate so he put in some, at the same time he found it curious, as that never happened before,

As everyone was finished and had their food, mom and dad hold each other hands, Walle noticed that and tried to avoid that situation and quickly gets up and tries to leave them there, before....

Andrew: "Walle! ... Wait"

Walle: "Now What?"(In an annoying tone)

(Allison Whimper)

Andrew: "there is something we need you to know,"

Walle: "Ya, but why Mom is crying?"

(Walle rush to hug her as he never saw those eyes in tears before, on the spot he knew something is not right)

Walle: "Mom what happened? Why are you sad?"

Andrew: "She is sick!"

Walle: "No, She's not, she said She's fine now! Are you?"(In a breaking voice)

Allison: "No! I am not, sorry I lied to you Walle," (Weeping)

Walle: "No! Mom, why are you sorry, why would you lie about this?"

Andrew: "She has to go, doctor wants her to be in the hospital for the operation."

Walle: "What! An operation! What the heck is going on?"

Andrew: Your mother has a brain tumor! It has grown over time its serious now!

Walle: NO! Mom why, why would you not tell us about that? (Sobbing)

Allison: I did not wanted you guys to get more tensed about me, but now I can't helped it I had to open up to someone, I got tired fighting myself and this I am sorry!

Walle: Ok, ok after this operation, than you will be fine? Everything is going to be normal now!

Andrew: "But Walle it's not that easy, this operation is really gonna take a lot from us, if I am going to take that loan from bank, I won't be able to co-op up with the hospital fee and the medicines that are going to be added up later with my over time job as well,"

Walle: What! I can't believe you are say No! To this...!

Andrew: "it not me who is saying 'no' to this I am insisting her for this operation I'll do anything for your mom"

Allison: "it's me Walle! I am the one who do not want this to happen to this family to be drowned in loans and for the rest of the life your dad working his sweats off for us!"

Andrew: "but honey I am ready to do that for you, as in our vows the day we got married I promised you that I will do anything for you,"

Allison: "All I want is to spent some time that is left for me with you guys over here in my house, not on a hospital bed feeling lifeless and pitiful,

Andrew: "but honey, we love you and we don't want to lose you to this!"

Allison: "and I love you guys too, and I know you guys will get through this!"

Walle: "but mom! I can't live without you ...

Allison: "I know, but you will learn to live with without me, I know you both will,"  

A day can either be good or bad, but it's not actually the day who decides that, it's on us, how to make our day to set on a graph that we can take to a negative axis or on positive one, but seemingly that night for Walle was the worst night that anyone can ever imagine and the things going through his head were justified for the position that he was put in by the life itself, he tried to sleep himself off that night just to wake up to find this day as a bad dream that will go off with the night away from his family.