Chapter 10: The Encounter

Andrew's point of view

It's been 5 weeks since I have started this job, with Abby's family and I still feel uncomfortable to talk to Abby about his Husband and his son. It is really an odd feeling because she never let me shed a light on them, even If I tried to do so she will quickly change the topic, which is the reason why I am now feeling uneasy near them. But this agonizing tension has to break one way or another and so it dose...

"Ring... Ring..." (Cell phone ringing)

Andrew: "Yes Abby"

Abby: "Andrew can you please go and pick up Leo early, I just got a call from the principle, that he's not fine,"

Andrew: "Oh I must quickly get him then"

Abby: "Yes! Bring him to me please,"

I rushed to his school, as the mother was quite worried about him, I expected that something bad would had happened and I got there, showed my ID card to the principle, took Leo in and head back to her office, he looked miserable and tired, poor thing was punched in the eye, as the purple shade off the swollen eye was clearly indicating the kid was being tortured. But the question that was jumping in my mind was that who would do that to this poor little boy, As Abby instructed me not to talk to Leo about home or anything else, still I felt something was not right and as by the look of it, it wasn't. So going against the odd I asked him...

Andrew: "Everything Ok there bud?"

Leo: "Yea everything is fine"

(The speed of the car slowing down a bit)

Andrew: "you know what that line seems familiar to me and now I am sure there is something not right."

Leo: "and how do you know that."

Andrew: "life can help you learn a few tricks, come on you can tell me I won't tell your mother."

Leo: "Ah, it's just dad, He won't let me sleep at night,"

Andrew: "What! And would he do something like that?"

Leo: "He don't likes me or mother that's why."

Andrew: "What are you saying bud that's no way to talk about your dad"

Leo: "you know what he's not my dad, he just had me so that he can torture mom and get the house along with the money."

(Car stops by the side walk with a resistance sound of the tires and the car moving forward a little due to inertia)

Andrew: "you are one messed up kid, I though you will spill the beans that you got up in a fight as the principle told me, but you Mr., you created a darn story about your father"

Leo: "You know what, just take me to mom"

Andrew: "Oh yes I will, but promise me that you won't say any more stupid thing about your father,"

We got back on track to the office, I was really shocked to hear such harsh word from a son for his own father, but the truth was going to unfold in front my bear eyes,

As we got to the office, I noticed that my phone's ringer was off and on my phone there were five missed calls from Abby, after seeing this I forgot about what happened back there and we rushed towards her office. As I got near to her office I can hear a man screaming like an old dog that keeps on barking at a cat, while changed with the poll. I unintentionally slammed opened the door just as a case of reflexes.

As I entered the office with Leo by my side, there came a pause in the argument and an awkward silence creeps in the room and I kind of knew what happens after this silence, the vicious looking man with an unshaved and over grown beard, whose eyes were almost like a pinkish red lychee just about to pop out of those sockets and the two adjoined eyebrows were freeze on to the at most stretched points, a death stare was on his face and was fully drunk as well, but it was clear that he was astonished to see me on this awkward occasion. This silence soon breaks in to a trauma. The Man with the most arrogant and ignorant attitude finally discloses his identity or the fog just got cleared from my eyes on the way, as I figured it out that the man was no other but Abby's mysterious husband David.

(While pointing the canons at her wife)

David: what!! This is your job, calling other man's over to your office! I knew after that day, something was fishy."

Abby: No! This is not what you think it is,"

David: I don't trust you anymore you little Bi**h! And you brat, where were you? I got a call from your principle, she told me that a man picked you up from school and I knew right away that your mother have some other plans! (Sarcasm)

Andrew: "Excuse me! Sir I am your wife's new driver, she ordered me to pick your son up from school,"

Soon the situation start getting worst, David after hearing this, wobbled and rush towards Abby and grab her by her hairs and starts cursing at her.

David: "So now you will hide things from me, tell me why! Because you wanted to change your taste Haaa, was that what you wanted."

I also ran in, after seeing this to stop this drunk man abusing his own wife in front of their kid, but the man hit me on my face and Abby also can't get a hold on the situation so she called in help. She called 911 in. Although she didn't wanted this to happen but now the police were involved.

(Sobbing)

Abby: "I am really sorry, but David you are Drunk, you need help,"

David: "I am going to kill you, you little lunatic you called the cops, Ahh" (Agonizing and infuriating tone)

Leo: Mom! (Weeping)

He through Abby away half way across the room and she was lying knocked out on the floor. I was also on the floor with a bleeding nose and my head still swing around, I tried to get up and stop him from beating her, but now David was livid, after knowing the fact that cops were on their way. So he ran towards the door and grab Leo's hand and took him away.

David: "well you know what I am going to teach you a lesson for good, and you little brat you are coming with me!" (While rushing towards the door)

Leo tried so hard to fight his grip, but he dragged him out of the office through hall way, I finally managed myself up and checked on Abby, she was passed out, I ran to get to Leo, while running through the hallway people just looked at me and seemed they were just watching the scene and rather helping, they preferred to mind their own business. How ironical it can get. After I got outside the building I can hear the police sirens and witnessed that the cops got David with his son, I rushed to the officer and explained this whole encounter, after listing to me all he said was...

Officer Blair: "Let's talk about it in the police station."

"