Chapter 14 The Final Hearing

Author's point of view

The Dead body was taken in custody by the Police department and with all the proofs now complied together Officer Blair asked Abby to arrange her lawyer, for the further proceedings in the court.

The Official hearing was conducted on Saturday with all the witnesses and evidences put forward in front of the panel of juries and the honorable judge. The hearing started, with a silence being broken by the entrance of the panel and the Judge everyone in the court room uncomfortably stands in the honor. As the order restored, proceeding started with the sayings of examination in chief officer Blair, opening up to the judge about the case, and also highlighted the witnesses and proof that he collected from this case were the solid evidence that David Tony was a drug addict and was found sexually abusing his own son Leo Clarkson with a video proof as well and he married Abby Clarkson to take over her business and black mailed her whenever she did not give him money to buy drugs.

The court noted down the statement and then called the main Victim Abby, As the court asked her why didn't she approached the court in the first place, Abby got nervous at first but then she faced her fears to raise her voice on what was going on with her family, She spills all the beans and told the court of David's activities, that he was part of a criminal gang that used to kidnaps children and rape them, he was involved in drugs and also abused her and Leo and when I try to stop him he threats me that he will kill my son and that was the main reason why she didn't tried to approach the court.

The court asked for the proof and when the proofs were unfold in front of the court the audience were also shocked to see the truth. Now it was time for the analysis with all the witness being noted and all the proofs being taken under notice it was time for the final analysis, as the conclusion was going to be made after a short break of hypothesis by the jury.

Everyone was intently waiting for the final remark, as the court regain its position it was time for everyone to accept the conclusion, which has formed after a deep analysis on the facts that Abby Clarkson had to marry again legally this time and make all the original documents for the marital status to keep the custody of his child or else she would had to send his child to the special facility. The court finally got adjourned with this final hypothesis, this left Abby with no choice to follow the instructions which was now compulsory on her to keep the custody of Leo and she was determined as to do anything to keep his son with her.

The court was dismissed and everyone was heading home, outside the court Officer Blair and Andrew got hooked up in a conversation

Officer: "Well finally this mission got accomplished"

Andrew: "Yes, we are really grateful of you that you helped this family, I am glad that everything is going to be ok now."

Officer: "Well I am thankful of you to be honest because you were the one who indicated the right person to go to," (Loud tone)

Andrew: "Ah! No it was nothing, I just had a feeling, because I have a son too that's why I though he needed help,"  

Abby: "What! Andrew you told him about this," (surprised)

Abby was also making her way out with Leo to get to her car, when she overheard the conversation between Officer Blair and Andrew.

Officer: "Yes he did, he told me that you were hiding something because he saw that tension on our face, and I am glad he did that."

Andrew: "I am sorry Abby that you had to go through this, but I had a wife too when she was in pain I could read it of her face and that's how I knew you were hiding something,"

Abby: "you have really surprised me, nobody ever tried to find out how I feel or even ever helped me on something, but you Andrew you have really changed our life I am truly grateful of you"

The day ended on a note that was unheard before and it sounded sweet for the first time in their life.