Chapter 39

Fionia's P.O.V.

     "Yes, she did what? I ask my voice sounding raspy. Looking around the room, the smell of cleaning products hit my nose as everything appears to be white. The hospital.

     "That you love Gianluca." Luci says while jumping onto me and engulfing me into a bone crushing hug. A small blush takes over my cheeks as I look over at Luca to see him smirking at my reaction. Shaking my head, a sudden rush of pain hits my head as I hiss in pain.

     "Why did you shake your head! You have a concussion!" Mom shouts at me as she hands me a glass of water.

     "Ma! Lower the volume!" I shout back. "Now can you please explain to me what the hell happened after I passed out." I say calmly while downing the water.

     Gianluca sighs. "You came to the hospital, obviously. They put you in the ICU. Said that you have three broken ribs, broke your left leg, a broken right arm with a fractured wrist, broken collarbone, fractured your right tibia, and have a really bad concussion."

     "All thanks to your father." I hiss.

     "Luci, let's go get some food." Mom says pulling my sister off the bed.

     "But Ma! This just got good!"

     "Luciana." My mom says, her eyes narrowing at her causing Luci to gulp. Giving me a quick hug she follows my mom out of the room. Once they leave, I turn back to Luca who looks stunned.

     "Never get my mom mad. Or else you'll be getting the look."

     Gianluca chuckles. "Only Italians."

    "Better believe it." I say while chuckling at his response. Patting the spot next to me, I look up at him. "Sit." He nods as I move over to allow him to sit. When he does, he wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to his chest. Resting my head on his chest, I listen to his steady and smooth heart beat.

     "So," He says breaking the silence between us.

     "What did you mean by 'yes, when she did'" I ask, getting right into it.

     "Oh," Gianluca says scratching the back of his neck. "After what happened at the crash, your friends told me that you might not be with me anymore and if you are still with me that I should be lucky because you don't give second chances. Then one of your friends told me that it's my fault that you ended up like this. So, I started to believe that it was—is my fault. That you're here and that you might break up with me and tell me that you don't love me an—"

     I cut him off by giving a gentile kiss on his perfectly sculptured lips. The once gentile kiss, turns into a hard-passionate kiss—one that I need to stop but I've been craving for too long. Clearly he feels the same way as he gently bites down on my bottom lip. Smiling at this little game he's playing, I manage to pull away without losing my bottom lip.

     I missed this. Us. Together. Happy. Alone. No one to bother us. All that real world problems can stay outside that door, whatever happens in this very room is for us to know. And for us to enjoy.

     Looking him in the eyes, I can tell that he misses me too. "First of all stop that none sense because I will always love you. Second of all ignore Isabella and Ricky."

     "How di—"

     "Trust me." I smile. "I know my friends. Only they would say that. Plus knowing Isa, she was swearing in Italian right?" I smirk.

     Luca nods. "So, you still love me?"

    "Always will."

    "Do you blame me?"

    "You were trying to get me to stop the truck because you knew what would happen." He nods his head. "But. I don't regret not being here. I did it so that my friends were safe."

     "Are you sure that you don't blame me?"

     Giving a light laugh, I peck him on the lips and rest my head back on his chest. "Not one bit."