Chapter 27

"Come on Nia! You can do better than that." Keith hisses as I continue to spar with him. I've been down in the training room for three hours now. We managed to get access to the boxing room in the back room—which is perfect as I could start training on getting out of here. After all, my month is almost over.

     Vince managed to visit me before I started to train as he wanted to check on my shoulder. Once he saw that it was feeling quickly, he decided to test me. After a couple of rounds with Ricky, he gave me the green flag and left the room. Since then, Keith has been killing us—but mainly me. He told me to stick with Ricky as he is an easier opponent. That lasted for two hours.

     Once Keith saw that Ricky and I were getting tired, he gave his buddy a break while continuing on breaking my ass. He said I know how Ricky works and since he's too easy for me, Keith threw on the gloves and mask and joined me in the ring. I've been in here for an hour and everything I do isn't good enough for him.

     Groaning I throw another punch. Keith blocks it with ease as he huffs in annoyance. "Take a ten minute break. I can tell that you're dying." Removing his helmet, I do the same and send him a breathless smile. Keith makes his way towards Ricky, who's sitting on the bench on the side of the ring.

     I don't have the energy to move. I don't have energy to keep my eyes open and soon, the feeling of the hard boxing mat hits my back as I lay on it. Barley keeping my eyes open, I try to regain more energy and keep reminding myself that I'm just resting my eyes and won't completely fall asleep.

***

     "Nia. Get up." Keith's annoying ass voice says to me as he kicks me lightly on the side.

     Grumbling in annoyance, I roll on my side. "Get up Nia. You've been asleep for twenty minutes." Keith says with determination and annoyance in his voice. "You're lucky that I gave you an extra ten minutes." He begins to shake me away but I just grumble.

     "Then give me five more and fuck off." I respond to him as I hear him groan in annoyance.

     It goes quiet for a couple of seconds and sleep begins to take over me again. "Nia! Get up now or else I make you run laps!" Keith shouts at me as I nod my head.

     Sitting up slowly, I extend my arms and wait for Keith to pull me up. When he does, Ricky tosses him a water bottle. "Open." He demands as I open my mouth and he squirts the water inside. Gulping it down, he pulls the water away from my face. Nodding my head as a way of saying I'm good, he tosses the bottle back to Ricky. "Fighting stance. Go." Getting into my stance, I raise my fists and shake my head to get my focus back. Keith smiles at me and throws the first punch.

     After thirty minutes of sparring, Keith decided that we should try something different. I suggested kick boxing and he surprisingly agreed with me. After a couple of rounds of me winning against Keith, we're interrupting by him. "Take five, dude. I'll handle her." Gianluca says removing his black V-neck shirt and throwing it on the floor next to my water bottle and towel.

     Keith looks at him then back at me. Nodding my head, Keith gets out of the ring and heads towards Luca. "Sure. We're doing kick boxing. Just take my gloves because she punches hard and you need it to protect your face." He chuckles as Gianluca snatches the boxing gloves.

     Scoffing, he he shoves a hamlet over his head. "I'll be fine. Trust me."

     I smirk as he takes a moth guard. "You sure you want to go up against her? She's really good." Ricky says as Gianluca walks towards the boxing ring.

     "Trust me, I can take her." Gianluca says as he faces me, putting his mouth guard in and gets into his stance.

     I stare into his chocolate brown eyes. "Let's see what you've got Mr.Black Widow." I muffle as my mouth guard makes it hard for me to speak. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off with a right hook to the head.

     Luca's eyes widen while earning gasps from both Ricky and Keith. He shakes his head and begins to chuckle. "Game on Miss.Blood Hounds." He muffles as he swings.   

     Blocking it, I hit him in the stomach making him take a couple steps back while hunched over. Elbowing him in the back he lands face first on the mat. A chuck escapes my lips as I watch him breath hard. "You seriously think you can take me?" I muffle out while standing my grounds. I watch him attempt to get up but kick him down. "Come on Luca, I don't have time for these stupid games." I tease.

     He gets up in lightning speed, eyes black. "You just lost the war." He muffles.

     "Oh please. I'm winning it and we all know it." I muffle, keeping my hands in front of my face.

     "I wouldn't bet on it." He says, kicking me in my left thigh, making me stumble back. My hands stay at my face as he comes to punch me. Taking a step back, the feeling of the rings ropes harshly scratch against my back as I watch him come running towards me. When Luca's close enough, I move out of the way as he puts his body weight into the ropes of rings.

     The ropes pull him back allowing him to flip across the ring. As he stumbles, I punch him in the stomach earning a groan. Without stopping, I kick him in the side of his knee making his body tilt sideways. To my surprise he quickly recovers and the feeling of his fist connecting with the side of my left rib cage casques me to intake a breath. Sending me a roundhouse kick on the right side of my stomach, I fall to the ground. I could hear Ricky and Keith shuffling towards the ring. I never fall.

     Luca kicks me on my side making me roll onto my back. Sitting on top of me, he puts all his weight on me making it even harder to breathe. "Looks like I'm the winner." He muffle as he pins my arms above my head.

      Taking in one last breath, I know I'm ready to go. "I don't think so." Kneeling him in the butt, he tumbles behind me as I scramble to get up. Once I do, Gianluca does the same but I manage to move quicker than him and jump on his back making him stumble.

     Before he can push me off, I press my feet onto the back on his knees making him fall forwards while landing on his stomach. Sitting on his back, I grab both his arms and pull them behind his back, making his back arch under me. Luca screams a mercy as I get off of him and smirk. "Look who won the bet now." I muffle, taking off my gloves as I make my way out of the ring.

     "You're going to regret that Fionia." Gianluca calls as I walk towards the doors.

     "Doubt that!" I call back while pushing the door open with a smile splattered across my face.