Chapter 21

Team 3-Part 1

     As I turn down the corridor, I wave bye to the boys and lick my dry lips. Biting down on my bottom lip, my eyes drift around the hall. This turn seems to take me to the torture chamber as the door to the room is not too far off on the right. I know I need to be prepared for anything as Angelo is unpredictable. Resting against the wall, I pull my bag in front of me and look for the throwing stars.

     Grabbing the three stars, I shove one in my left shoe and two of them in my right. The sound of running causes my ears to perk up and hide behind the first thing I see. It happens to be a wooden chair. Great, I'm going to die because I'm out in the open. "Come on Angelo!" I shout for him as I unzip my bag and shuffle around for Vince's gun. "I know it's you."

     Looking into the dark hall, I catch a little shadow hiding not to far off from me. "Stop playing games and come me like a man!" When he doesn't answer, my hand shuffles around for a smoke bomb. Taking them out, I snatch one and rip the lid off. Throwing it towards the area I saw the shadow in, the beautiful light pink smoke bomb explodes as coughing is quickly heard. A smile stretches across my face.

     Snatching Massimo's nunchucks, I shove them into my pocket and shove Vince's gun in my waist band of my Adidas pants. I put my bag under the chair and walk towards the smoke. I have a gun, a back up gun, nunchucks and my baseball bat in hand. I'm fully loaded and ready to kill—I mean kick, Angelo's ass.

     My vision is blurred by all the pink smoke. The grip on my bat tightens as I make my way threw the cloud of smoke. My instinct is to follow the coughing but it suddenly stops and I stop moving. Shit. That's when I feel it. Pain rushes throughout my body as I cry in agony. Something sharp dug itself into my right leg. Looking down, I roll up my pants to analyze the cut. Nothing serious but blood is clearly everywhere.

    Standing up, the grip on my bat causes my knuckles to turn white as I continue to make my way threw the smoke. Squinting my eyes, I try to find the devil himself but another sharp pain rushes up down my right shoulder. I cry in pain as it digs itself into my once newly stitched shoulder. The sharp object—or what I assume is a blade, rushes out of my shoulder practically causing more blood to spill out.

     Biting down on my bottom lip, I try to push threw the pain as my anger takes over me.  "Where are you Angelo!" I shout in rage. I try to ignore the feeling of blood dripping down my arm and thigh. The sound of the blood splashing lightly on the cold cement floor causes goosebumps to rise. The pink cotton candy smoke slowly disappears.

     A cold feeling rushes threw my body as I feel his breath on the back of my neck. "Right behind you." Angelo whispers making me jump and turn to face his dark brown eyes that remind me of Gianluca's. Ugh Luca. Shaking my head, I swing my bat at Angelo but he grabs it, stopping it just above his head. "I don't think so." He tsks me before lifting a whip. But not some ordinary whip. He holds up a razor chain whip.