Chapter 38

Gianluca's P.O.V.

     It's been a week that Fionia has been in a coma. The doctor said she has three broken ribs, broken left leg, broken right arm with a fracture in her right wrist, broken collarbone, fracture her right tibia and a heavy concussion. They said it would be best if she healed in a come because once she wakes up, she should be somewhat fully healed and the pain wouldn't be as bad.

     When the guys and I first for here, they were hurrying Fionia into the ICU and asked one of her friends to call her parents. When her friends saw that I arrived, I tried to explain to them that I was sorry but Ricky ended up punching my in the jaw before I was able to say anything. I did end up saying I was sorry, it just took some time for them to listen to me. They refused to listen to my apology and said that they would wait for Fionia's answer.

     When I told them I was going to visit Nia, they got angrier than before and told me to never visit her during the day but I found a loop hole. They said nothing about visiting her at night.

     I open the hospital room door to see Fionia laying down in her bed. She remains in the same position I left her in last night. Gently closing the door behind me, I walk towards the chair that rests beside her bed and sit down while observing her. Her dark brown hair remains in a ponytail as her glasses are placed on the night stand besides her. Her skin is pale as her once rosy lips lose all colour and remain a faded light pink with many little cracks that line them.

     I could feel the tears come crawling back. This is all my fault. I can't believe I put her in here. She should be home with her family and friends by now. Surrounded by her mafia as she smiles at them with the happiest face alive. She should be enjoying their company after the two months spent apart from them when really she's laying here, in a coma. With three broken ribs. A broken left leg. A broken right arm with fractured right wrist. Broken collarbone. Fractured right tibia and a heavy concussion.

     Shaking my head, I sit on the bed as I gently lay besides her. Swinging my arm around her shoulders, I bring her gently to my chest. Resting her head on my chest, I stroke her arm slowly. "It's okay Fionia. I promise you. I will not go anywhere." I whisper and kiss her gently on the forehead.

***

     "Gianluca. Sweetie. Wake up." Someone's soft voice whispers to me. I slowly open my eyes as the small sunrise makes it way threw the blinds of the tinny hospital room. Blinking a couple of times, I sit up straight and look for the source.

     My eyes land on a woman with light brown hair that falls over she shoulder with big dark blue eyes than scan over my face. A kind and warm smile appears on her face as realization hits me.

     I spring go the bed. "Um. Hi—Hello Mr,s Peragine." My eyes dart down to the floor.

     "Oh please. That sounds old! I'm only forty-one dear. Call me rosa." I nod in response as I'm too scared to look her in the yes. "It's not polite to stare at the floor when someone's speaking to you. Guardami negli occhi! (look me in the eyes!)" My head snaps up, looking her in the eye. "Bravo (good)"

     "Scusi Rosa (Sorry Rosa.)" She nods her head and gestures for me to sit next to her. I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off by putting her hand up.

     "Before you say anything," She begins. "I know you like my daughter. The only boys who have visited her were her friends, you Gianluca Morteno," She points her index finger at me. "you are a different story." Pulling her finger back, she sits back in the hospital chair and looks at me sceptically.

     "Considering that you and your father kidnapped my daughter, I can tell that over time you have learned to care about her. Am I right?" I nod my head. "Now let me guess. You come here during the night because her friends told you not to come during the day? So, the loop hole being that you come at night when no one is here?"

     My eyes widen as a smile appears on my face. "Yes. How did you know?"

     Rosa sighs. "The only time I'm available to come is at night or early morning."

     Curiosity takes over me as I raise an eyebrow. "Why's that?"

     Rosa chuckles lightly. "That my dear, is for my mafia to know and not yours." She winks at me causes me to chuckle at her actions. A soft knock on the door grabs our attention as a young girl walks in. She has to be at least ten years old and has the same light brown hair as her mother. She holds bright blue eyes that are different from Fionia. "What's wrong Luci?" Rosa asks the kid that looks awfully like Fionia.

     Luci averts her eyes to me and slams the door behind her while walking towards me. Poking me in the chest, she looks a me with complete disgust. "Gianluca Morteno. Son of the Black Widows mafia. Mr.Hotshot who helped his dad kidnap my older sister. I may be new to this mafia shit but I swear to god! If what happened to my sister is because of you I wil—"

     "Luciana Peragine! Language! For a little girl you learned a lot of foul language." Rosa hisses at her daughter.

     "Hey! Don't blame me! Blame dad and Fionia!" Her icy blue eyes send me daggers. "Now why is he here!" She asks her mom while pointing a finger at me. Her eyes remain glued on mine.

     "Oh honey. He has a crush on your sister." Rosa says smiling.

     "Then why did you help your dad kidnap her?" She then asks me.

     I scratch the back of my neck as a shy smile appears on my face. "Well, it's kind of a long story."

     "Don't worry we've got time." Luciana says, sitting on the bed next to her sister. Sighing, I start from the very beginning. I explain everything to them. From high school, to why we kidnapped her, to the games—all of it. Well everything besides the ten minutes in heaven there's some things parents shouldn't know. When I finished, both Rosa and Luciana are speechless.

     "Yeah, I know." I huff leaning back in the chair.

     "So, you don't just like my daughter, you love her! Does she love you?" Rosa squeals.

     "Yes, she did."

     "Yes, she did what?" A raspy voice says. Our eyes fall on Fionia as a smile appears on my face.