Chapter 46

(Fionia's new hair!)

Everything after that was a blur. I managed to pull myself off the bathroom floor and head back into the hall so I could find someone to take me home. When I saw my friends, I immediately pulled Ricky to my side and told him to drive me him. He knew something was wrong and still obliged.

     The entire car ride he tried to speak to me but everything was muffled as I tried to steady my fast beating heart. By the time we got to the house, I flew out of the car and ran into the house. I ran into my bedroom, ignore Ricky's shouts and him trying to speak to me as I cried on the floor. My back was pressed against the door as I made sure to lock it. Ricky was on the other side, pounding his fists against it to try and speak to me but it was of no use. I didn't move from my spot until I heard him sigh and get a phone call.

     It's been thirty minutes. It's been quiet in this house and sooner or later everyone will be coming back but I don't care. Pulling myself off my bedroom floor, I use the door as my support before dragging my feet over to my bed.

     Flopping down on it, a new wave of tears take over me. Why did Gianluca have to do that to me? Was this entire relationship just a game to him? I can't stand that. He used me. He took my emotions and played with them. God. He made me fall in love with him again.

     I hate this. I hate people, I hate myself, I hate crying, I hate everything! I hate him!

     My sobbing got louder as light knocks came from my bedroom door. I swear if that's Ricky again, I'm going to shoot him! "What do you want Ricky! I'm not going to talk! So—just go away."

     The door creeks open. My head snaps towards it as I'm ready to yell at Ricky but my anger slightly washes away when mom pops her head in. A small smile on her face as she calmly closes the door behind her. "Hey." Her voice is delicate and sweet. It almost makes me cry again.

     Sniffing, I rub my nose with the back of my hand. "W-When did you get home?" Taking a deep breath, I stop myself from speaking as I think of my words carefully. I don't need to stutter and repeat myself. "I thought you were still at the party with dad and Luci."

     Mom drops a pair of car keys onto the bed. "Your uncle is driving those two home. I took the car." Bouncing on my bed, she rests besides me. "I saw you run into the washroom crying. Then I saw Angelo yelling at Gianluca—who was also crying." My body stiffens as I know where she's going. "Then. When you ran into the hall, you were looking for Ricky and left." My head slowly moves over to face her. "Mind explaining to me what happened?"

     Groaning, I get off my bed and sit properly. "Why do parents ask that stupid question?"

     "Explain." Mom says as she begins to rub my back.

     Nodding my head, I take a deep breath. "Gianluca and I are—were a couple." Mom sends me a fake gasp with a smile on her face. My eyes widen at her reaction. "You knew the entire time?"

     She chuckles at my response. "How else do you think Luci got to the hospital? She drove?" Shaking my head, I suddenly feel better as I chuckle lightly. My eyes remain glued to my hands as mom rubs my back in a sooth and caring matter. "Listen honey. Gianluca does not deserve to be with a girl like you. No matter what happened. He messed with the wrong girl and will pay for it."

     Biting down on my bottom lip, I nod my head. "Yeah. I know. I just—I don't know." Sighing, I look up at her with tears in my eyes. "He used me mom. He used me to get something out of me all for his personal benefit."

     "Honey. If he used yo—"

     "No mom." Cutting her off, I suddenly get annoyed as I let out an angry breath. "I mean emotionally used me and took my secrets and is going to use them against me."