Chapter Fourty Three: Ryan vs Landon

P.S. this chapter's awful I'm sorry :(

Chapter Fourty Three: Ryan vs Landon

I hear the footsteps pacing back and forth outside my door.

"Don't come in. Don't come in. Don't come in." I mumble.

Suddenly the door swings open, revealing a frustrated Ryan. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Just ignore him and he'll go away.

This makes him move closer. "This is ridiculous."

Oh fuck off Ryan. I think to myself.

"That was unnecessary."

Oops. What's up with me and thinking out loud?

"Dee..."

"Not in the mood, Ryan." I say, still not looking up from my piano.

"Jesus, can you stop being a bitch for once!" He shouts, startling me.

"Fine!" I slam the case shut. "I'm avoiding you because at the moment I fricking hate you Ryan!"

"I've not even done anything!" He says louder.

"You're a liar." I get up and face him. My 5"8' height makes me nearly equal to Ryan who's only two inches taller than me.

Perks of being tall; You can be as intimidating as your brother.

"What are you talking about?" He questions.

"Oh you know, just about how you backstabbed your friend like a complete asshole." I shove him.

He stumbles back. "What?"

"I know what you did to Landon."

His eyes widen. He clearly wasn't expecting that.

If only I had my camera to capture the pure shock on his face.

"I- uh..." He struggles to respond.

I coldly laugh. "Yeah, I had the same response when I found out. My golden brother Ryan isn't so golden after all."

"It wasn't like t-that." He defends. "I would've been taken off the t-team if I didn't do it!"

"So you threw your best friend under the bus to save your own ass?" I scoff. "Real noble of you, Ryan."

He clenches his fists. "Don't you see it? This was his plan all along! That's why he came back to break us up."

"Oh my god, you're unbelievable!"

"And you're naive."

"You're a jerk who can't put his ego aside and apologise to Landon." I state.

He laughs. "Apologising him is the last thing I'll ever do."

"Well don't think forgiving you is something I'm doing anytime soon either."

"And for the record, I'm not there for you at the game tonight." I add before leaving the room.

I sigh when I notice Dad at the bottom of the stairs. "How much of that did you hear?"

"All of it." He opens his arms and I gladly take the opportunity to hug him. "How about we go out, just the two of us?"

"But the game's in a few hours."

"That's plenty of time."

"I don't feel like it Dad." I sigh.

"We can go vinyl shopping?"