Chapter Thirty Four: You look... nice-ish?

Chapter Thirty Four: You look...nice-ish?

I rummage through my closet trying to find something nice to wear to Lisa and Carlos' Christmas Eve party tonight. Usually I'd settle for 'decent', but ever since I've developed feelings for their son I have to make a good impression, and 'decent' won't cut it.

"I heard there was a fashion crisis going on in the Thompson household." My best friend says, entering the room.

"I have literally nothing to wear tonight. I've been looking for over an hour and I can't find anything and I'm gonna be late and they're gonna hate me and-" Gigi cuts off my excessive rambling by placing her hand over my mouth.

"Dee, you've already met his parents and they love you!" I nod, calming down a little. "Don't worry, I've got just the perfect thing."

She removes her hand from my mouth and pulls out a bag from behind her. "Go put this on." She urges.

I take the bag and quickly change into the dark crimson off the shoulder dress. It lands just above my knee, giving it a modest and appropriate length. It's perfect.

Gigi claps her hands together. "It looks amazing!"

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I pull her in for a hug.

"Now let's get your hair and makeup done." She leads me over to the dressing table and starts by applying some makeup. I insist for her to keep it natural, since I'm used to wearing a minimal amount.

She finishes by neatly curling my hair and spraying it so it stays in place. By the end of it, I'm nearly choking to death with all the hairspray she used.

"Anddd done!" She twirls my chair around so I'm facing the mirror. I take in my reflection and smile. For the first time in so long, I feel confident and maybe even pretty.

I finish off the look by adorning my ears with my mothers diamond earrings. I haven't worn them in years, but it somehow feels right to wear them tonight.

I turn to Gigi. "Final thoughts?"

She straightens my dress. "I think if Knight doesn't see what he's missing tonight, he'd be the stupidest guy to exist."

"I love you so much." I smile.

"I know you do. Now come on, you're going to be late." She takes my hand, dragging my downstairs and out the front door. I somehow manage to grab my purse in the process.

I sit in Gigi's car and check the time, which reads 6:50pm, I still have ten minutes to make it. Landon insisted on picking me up, but I refused not wanting to bother him. I'm surprised he actually listened to me for once.

Twenty minutes pass easily, and suddenly I'm in front of Landon's house. Unfortunately, the butterflies find their way back to my stomach.

Gigi notices my hesitance. "You'll be fine girl. Now have fun and make sure you knock Landon's socks off!"

"I'll try." I exit the car and give her a small wave. Once she's left, I make my way up the steps and ring the doorbell. Spending Christmas Eve at a party with all of Landon's family? Maybe this was a bad idea...

Before I can make an escape, the door opens to reveal a smiling Lisa. "Heidi darling!" She pulls me inside, kissing both of my cheeks.

"Merry Christmas Eve." I smile; whilst handing her the bouquet of flowers I bought for her.

"Oh aren't you just the sweetest. You shouldn't have." She gives me a genuine smile.

"You look so beautiful." She compliments, making me blush.