Chapter Twenty Eight: The Party (Part 2)

"What part of I don't want to talk to you, do you not understand?"

There were many sides to drunk Heidi, turns out it's mean drunk Heidi's presence that's gracing us all today.

Rip Landon.

"And what part of I'm gonna chase you around until you talk to me, do you not understand?" He replies smoothly, clearly not affecting by my brash tone.

"You're impossible." I huff, still attempting to open the door.

"You know that's useless, right?"

I let out a sigh of annoyance, knowing he's right. I turn around to face him and catch him staring at me, with an amused expression.

"How much have you had to drink tonight?"

"Clearly not enough to be having this conversation." I groan.

"I'm not here to apologise for anything I said."

I wait for him to continue.

"You know I'm right and everything I said was true. That's why you're scared."

"Scared of what?" I try to keep my voice even, but it comes out more shaky than I had planned.

He steps closer, making me step back, hitting my back against the wall. He places both hands at opposite sides of my head, and leans down.

"Scared of me. You're scared of how much I know you and how I can see right through your little happy good girl act. You want to see the real Landon? Well how about you show me the real Heidi."

In that moment, I forget to breathe.

Not only because of our close proximities, but at how the boy I met a little over a month ago, had unraveled me.

I look down at the floor, not wanting to meet his accusing stare. "You're a liar."

He tilts my chin up, forcing me to meet his grey eyes. "Look me in the eyes and tell me whatever I just said was a lie."

"Y-you-" I falter. "Fuck you." I punch his chest. "Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you!" I punch him repeatedly.

My weak drunken punches don't seem to have any affect on him as he watches unfazed, in silence.

I let my emotions take over me, and in that moment I did something I never do in front of anybody, I cried.

A pair of muscular arms gently wrap around me. I bury my face into the crook of Landon's neck, where it fits perfectly, and cry.

He doesn't seem flustered or overwhelmed by my sudden outburst, instead he silently comforts me, which is all I need to know that he understands.

Did it scare me that Landon was seeing me in my most vulnerable state? Of course. Did I want anyone here aside him? Of course not.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally pull away, Landon didn't let go off me his grip only slightly loosening.

My voice comes out small. "I'll tell you everything you want to know, but just not right now."

He gently wipes away the remainder of my tears with his thumb. "I'm sorry."

"Why do you want to know so much about me? I mean, why do you even care, I'm just Heidi."

"Well 'Just Heidi' has way too much fucking potential for me to watch her waste." He leans in closer, a smirk plastered on his face. "Plus, shes the only interesting girl in this whole damn school."

I copy his movements and lean in too, the alcohol clearly giving me a boost of confidence. "Oh really?"

His eyes flicker down to my lips. "Really." And just when he was about to close the gap...

The door swings wide open. "TIMES UP- HOLY SHIT!"

Dylan and Gigi exchange looks of pure shock.

I push Landon off. "It's not what it looks like at all!"

Landon groans. "Oh cousin dearest, you have the worst timing."

"Hey!" Dylan shoots his hand up defensively. "I came here here expecting you to have a black eye, not Dee's tongue down you throat."

"Tongues? That's it I'm leaving!" I grab Gigi's hand and drag her along with me.

I hear Dylan's laughter in the background and Landon mumbling some profanities.

Were we really going to kiss? Did Landon like me in that way? Who am I kidding, we were both drunk and being stupid.

Suddenly, I'm thankful that Dylan and Gigi, though unintentional, stopped anything from happening. Imagine how awkward things would've been between Landon and I if anything did happen.

I shake the thought away and notice Gigi's stare burning holes through my head. "What!"

"Ugh, you're being mean drunk Heidi." I give her a fake smile. "Also you're so not getting out of telling me about that little Leidi moment."

"Yes yes, oh look there's Mason. Be right back!" I quickly dodge the conversation and glide over to Mason.

"Hey Dee." He greets me with a hug.

I return the gesture and give him a genuine smile. "So France..."

"Who would've thought right?" He smiles taking a sip from a red cup.

I give him a sad smile. "You'll be in a whole different continent..."

"Aw Dee." He pulls me in for another hug. "It's only for the rest of the school year, plus I'll be back for the summer."

"I'm gonna miss you. You're the only sane one in the group."

He chuckles. "You won't miss me too much." He nods his head over at where Landon and Taylor are stood.

I slap my palm over my face. "Not you too, Mace."

"Since Ryan won't be able to kill me because I'm leaving in two days, I'm gonna do ahead and tell you to take a chance on him."

I raise my eyebrow. "I thought you hated him."

"I thought I did too." He shrugs.

I avert my gaze back to Landon who's busy laughing at something Dylan has said. I find myself smiling just watching him.

Oh god, I'm such a creep.

Before I can turn away Landon's gaze locks with mine. He smirks, knowing he just caught me staring at him.

Dick.

He gives me an amused grin, showing off his dimple which I adore. 'Take a chance on him', Mason's words ring through my ears.

Maybe I will.

___________________________________________

Woohoo! Look at me updating regularly ;) Sorry if the last few chapters have been a bit slow, but I needed to progress Landon and Heidi's relationship a little more!

Love you lots xx
~H <3