Chapter Twenty: The Plan

It wasn't up until a few days ago when I realised how much I had gotten used to Landon Knight being in my life.

From sharing lunch together, being in the same english class, babysitting Lewis and him constantly visiting me in the auditorium, Landon had become a huge part of my life. Until I ruined whatever friendship it was we had.

Saying it's been torture would be the understatement of the century. He hasn't spoken to me in over a week, in English he acts like I'm invisible, he doesn't even sit at lunch with us anymore (much to Ryan's delight). Sometimes I wanna slap the sheepish smiles Dylan gives me off his face when Landon intentionally ignores me. Yes, I'm slightly pissed but sad more than anything.

"Oh c'mon! How is Grease not cheering you up?" Gigi huffs.

Well maybe it's the fact that whenever Danny Zuko comes on the screen I think of Landon all over again.

"Even Ben and Jerry's isn't working, this is serious." Taylor gives Gigi a worried look.

Carter interjects. "What she needs is a good fu-"

I shoot him a menacing glare. "Finish that sentence Evans and I swear I'll feed you to my dog."

"You don't have a dog."

"I'll buy one." I smile.

You're probably wondering what Carter's doing with us on Girls Night but in this house it's called something along the lines of "Girls Night plus Carter."

Gigi claps her hands together. "Well Leidi needs to be fixed asap because that's clearly why she's been like this all week."

I roll my eyes. "Leidi isn't even a thing okay?"

"If it makes you feel any better Lan's been a total douchebag this week like his old self. Trust me he's a lot happier with you around." Taylor smiles.

"Well if he really wanted to be friends again he wouldn't be ignoring me."

"Who cares?" Carter shrugs. "Just be the bigger person and do something so awesome that he wont be able to ignore you."

I raise my eyebrow. "Like what?"

Carter looks between us all. "Okay so huddle round everybody." We all do as we're told. "We're gonna need a pole and a trip to Victoria's Secret."

Gigi slaps him around the head.

Taylor nudges me whilst Gigi and Carter are arguing.

"I've known Lan for years and he's the most stubborn person I know."

I nod.

"What you need to do is..."

***

"I'm doing this. I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm doing this! Wait no I can't do this!" I try to run back to my locker but Taylor pulls me back before I can.

"Oh you're so doing this." She pushes me towards the principles office.

I mouth an 'I hate you' before knocking on the door.

"COME IN." He shouts.

It's either go in and do something really stupid or run away and pretend this never happened. So, I do the most logical thing. I walk in.

"OH MY SWEET LORD THERE'S A FIGHT IN THE PARKING LOT SIR YOU NEED TO BREAK IT UP." I shout in an exasperated tone.

I mentally pat myself on the back. Damn Heidi you're a great actress. Emma Stone who's that? I only know a Heidi Thompson.

His eyes widen at my statement and he runs faster than Barry Allen out of his office and into the school's parking lot. Luckily I didn't tell a complete lie as Gigi and Taylor are currently trying to have a believable fight in the parking lot.

Well this is it.

I pick up the microphone on his desk and press the red button with trembling hands.

Yes, I'm a goody two shoes and yes this is probably the scariest thing I've done in my entire academic life, sue me.

I try my best to fake a jersey accent, like Mrs Mills the receptionists. "Landon Knight to principles office. That's Landon Knight to principles office. Thank you."

I quickly dash out of the principle's office and into the empty hallway, greeted by the sight Carter. We both nod our head at one another, signalling that we know the next part of the plan.

As if on cue, I spot Landon walking towards the room.

Well here goes nothing.

Before he can open the door and go in, Carter and I grab him and drag him to the janitors closet opposite.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

I managed to dodge a few kicks and punches Landon threw, unfortunately I couldn't say the same for Carter who already had a bruise from his face from Landon's steel elbow connecting to his jaw. Yeah, I really owed him.

After managing to shove Landon into the dark closet, Carter shuts the door once I'm also in. The sound of the lock clicks and a small smile appears on my face, knowing the plan finally worked.

__________________

ITS BEEN A WHILE AMIGOS BUT HEY IM ALIVE AND WRITING!

VOTE, COMMENT SND SHARE!

Lots of love
~H <3