Chapter Twenty Five: Welcome to the Zero Fucks Given Club!

"Okay okay, which one do you think is the best then?"

"There is a Light that Never Goes Out. Period." I easily reply, slipping my books into my locker.

At this moment, Landon and I were in the middle of a heated discussion on which song was the best from The Smith's album 'The Queen is Dead'. And obviously, he disagreed with me.

"I'll admit the riffs are amazing, but 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' is just pure genius."

"If a double-decker bus crashes into us..."

"To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die." He finishes with a smile for me.

"Now that is romantic."

I'm a sucker for The Smiths.

Landon shakes his head amusedly. "Who knew you had such a dark way of thinking about love, Gem."

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Zuko."

"Well..." He trails off, walking in front of me. "We got the afternoon, You got this room for two. One thing I've left to do, Discover me, Discovering you."

"God no!" I quickly brush past him, ignoring the stares we receive.

He did not just quote John Mayer to me.

"He's your lock screen!"

"You chose his worst song." I cringe.

"What, you don't want to 'Discover me, Discovering y-"

I cut him off with a light shove. "I don't want to study the anatomy of Landon Knight, thank you very much."

"Is that an actual subject? Because I'd pass with flying colours." Gigi slips her arm through mine. I mentally facepalm myself. Only Gigi could say something like that.

"See, someone appreciates me, right Gigi?"

"Oh yeah, one hundred percent." She agrees.

I shoot a glare in my best friend's direction. "Hey you're meant to be on my side here!"

"Since when is anyone ever on your side, Dee?" Carter appears at the other side of me, making me jump.

Why do my friends have the tendency to appear out of thin air.

"Where did you just come from?"

"Well, it all started off when Papa Evans thought it'd be a good idea to get Mama Evans-" Gigi cuts him off with a slap to the head. I send her a grateful smile, whilst Landon just laughs. Boys.

"OW!" Carter rubs his head whilst glaring at Gigi. "Anyways, I came here to gather you all to discuss Mason and Taylor's party."

I knit my eyebrows in confusion. Huh, it's not their birthdays.

"Party for what?"

The three of them turn to give me a 'Is she being serious?' expression.

"They told us all last week, and went to specifically tell you..." Gigi gives me a worried glance.

"Told me what?"

"They both got chosen for the year abroad thing. The one in Paris?"

I stare at her in confusion.

"HEIDI HOW COULD YOU FORGET!"

Holy shit. They did tell me! I think back to last week when both Mason and Taylor came to the auditorium, whilst I was practicing something I wrote, to tell me about it. Me being, well me, just smiled and nodded at whatever they were saying, my mind solely focussed on the music I was writing.