Chapter Twenty Seven: The Party (Part 1)

"Hm, which shade of red shall we use for the banner?" Gigi questions, showing me two strips of paper.

"Gee, they're exactly the same."

"Pick one!"

"Fine fine, the one on the left." I wave her off.

"One on the right it is."

Why thank you for taking my opinion into so much consideration, Gigi.

I roll my eyes and move over to Ryan and Carter who are busy setting up the drinks, and by drinks I mean shots.

Ryan smiles and passes me a Kool-Aid. "Specially for you, kiddo."

"I'm literally 2 minutes younger than you."

It was the boy's genius idea to have a house party instead of the barbecue I suggested for Mason and Taylor's leaving party.

Any other day I probably would've given a long speech about hating house parties, but the free alcohol tempted me into saying yes. No one was stopping me from getting drunk tonight.

I look down at my phone and sigh.

"If you miss him so much, why don't you just talk to him?" Gigi says in the most obvious manner.

"What are you talking about? I am talking to him."

"You're avoiding him like the plague, Dee. I sure as hell noticed how you get up from the lunch table as soon as he sits."

"I told you I had a dentist appointment..."

She rolls her eyes. "For five days in a row?"

"Lots and lots of cavities." I slide past her, not wanting to continue this conversation.

"You'd be happy to know I invited him and Dylan to the party then!" She says in a sing song voice.

Oh no she didn't.

"Gigi!"

"What! He's been asking me to get you to talk to him all week, it was getting annoying!"

"I'm not going to the party then." I state.

"And upset our two best friends?"

She stumped me there. I couldn't be selfish and ruin the night for Taylor and Mason.

"Fine." I reluctantly agree. "I mean he might not even turn up, right?"

***

Boy was I wrong.

As soon as Landon and Dylan entered they were met by hollers and flirtatious winks by most girls.

Geez, they really did fit the popular bad boy stereotype.

Aside from my brother, everyone was pretty damn happy they were here. I hated to admit it, but so was I.

It wasn't as if I'd been avoiding Dylan for the past week, but since he was nearly always with Landon, who I was avoiding, I rarely saw him.

I direct my gaze towards Landon who wore a plain white t-shirt and black jeans. His hair was slightly messy from running his hands through it, an action he did far too much.

What caught my attention were the dark circles beneath his eyes. I knew he hadn't been sleeping. He was most likely up all night playing his guitar and working on music.

I noticed he was talking to Ben, one of the guys on the basketball team, and whilst he seemed to be engaged in the conversation, his mind was focused on something else completely.

It wasn't until Ben went away that he went back to searching for something, or someone specifically.

Our gazes locked, and that's when I realised that someone was me.

"Shit." I curse to myself. In the corner of my eye, I could see Landon rapidly approaching me, so I took that as my cue to leave.

I skirt, trying not to stumble, around a group of sweaty boys that don't even go to our school.

How did they even get in here? I mentally note to ask Gigi about that later, and continue my mission in getting out of here.

Suddenly my arm is yanked back, and I'm easily pulled into a room due to my 'slightly' tipsy state.

Now, I really regret drinking as much as I did.

I squint my eyes, trying to make out whoever it is that dragged me in here. "Gigi? What the hell-"

"You'll thank me later. I love you, don't hate me!" She quickly replies shoving someone else in with me, whilst locking the door.

I stare at the 6 foot something guy in front of me, his features unclear. "Go on you big buffoon, open the door!"

I push past him and pull the handle with all the strength I can muster, which isn't a lot in my drunken state.

"If I'm a buffoon, I'd rather be described as a sexy one, thank you very much." The voice that I can instantly recognise speaks from behind me.

I turn back, his stupidly perfect features becoming a lot more clearer now. "Landon?"

"The one and only, Gem."

________________________________________

Yes I'm a sucker and can't keep my babies apart for too long, sue me.

Show some love by voting and commenting!!!

Love you lots xx
~H <3