Chapter Fourteen: Taylor to Kanye

After basketball practice was over we all decided to go to Rocky's Diner. It was sort of a Friday tradition for the group.

Only this time Gigi and I invited Taylor along, but Ryan made sure that Landon and Dylan didn't get an invite.

I still don't understand his problem with Landon, but I chose not to address it, seeing as the last time I asked he went all Incredible Hulk on me.

We sit down in our designated booth, Ryan, Carter and Mason opposite Gigi, Taylor and I.

I glance over at my brother who's been adorning the same angry expression ever since we got out of school.

"Aw is lil Ryan still sulking?" Carter coos.

"I'm not sulking!"

Gigi gives me a 'what's going on' look. I shrug in response.

She looks between the boys. "So are we missing something here?"

"Everything's fine!"

She raises her eyebrow at him. "Clearly..."

"I'll tell you what's up with him." Mason says whilst leaning forward. "He's-"

"Acting like he's on his man period because coach put Landon back onto the team." Carter interrupts whilst smiling at Mason.

Mason gives him an annoyed look and leans back. "Every time!"

I laugh at Mason's adorable expression. Did I just say 'Adorable'? Yep, I'm spending way too much time with Taylor...

Taylor swirls her strawberry milkshake around with her straw. "So what's the problem with Lan being on the team?"

"Because my butt-hurt brother over here has something against your best friend."

"Taylor and Landon are best friends" Carter asks me and I nod. "Well she's no longer attractive to you then, is she Ryan?"

Ryan punches him in the arm, making him curse.

Taylor scoffs. "Please, he's not my type."

"I'm everyone's type!"

Taylor studies him for a second. "Meh..."

"Firstly, ouch. Secondly, we don't even need him on the team!"

"We kind of do... our main shooter's down Ryan." Mason mumbles, loud enough for Ryan to hear.

"And plus remember when you and Landon were-" Ryan elbows Carter in the stomach before he can finish, making him wince. I watch them as they have a silent conversation with their eyes. Carter nods, most likely at something Ryan was telling him then, and goes back to eating his french fries. 

Well that was strange...

"Well whatever it is you need to grow up and face it like a man."

I nod in agreement with Gigi. "I bet it won't even be that bad."

Carter and Mason grimace at this statement.

How bad can it really be?

***

On a scale of Taylor Swift to Kanye West, this was bad. Really bad.