Chapter Eighteen: The Formal

We walk in to what used to be the school's boring gym hall, but was now covered in fluorescent purple lights with each wall being filled with metallic balloons. The ceiling was draped in white satin sheets and dangling stars.

Considering the budget we were given, Stella and I did a pretty good job. Dare I say it, we made a good team. Okay who am I kidding, we tried to rip eachother's hair out every ten minutes, but the urge to get out of detention to get away from eachother made us work ten times harder.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT HEIDI!" Gigi and Taylor both rush over.

"You look so beautiful!"

"I love your hair!"

"I love your makeup!"

I stifle a laugh. "Guys... you're the ones that came to my house three hours early to get me ready."

"Oh shush we were just admiring our amazing work." Gigi says whilst fixing my dress.

Mason's hand leaves mine and I remember he was stood beside me. I give him a sheepish smile.

"I'll go get us some drinks." He smiles and walks with Ryan to the snack table. 

"Heidi and Mason sitting in a tree..." Gigi trails off.

"It's not like that!"

"It better not be because I'm still boarding the Leidi ship." Taylor crosses her arms.

Landon. Where is he anyways?

"Speak of the devil." Gigi mutters.

I follow in the direction of her eyesight to see Landon walking up to us, his signature smirk planting on his face.

There he was in a strikingly crisp navy blue suit, his hair swept back starting to look dishevelled from him constantly running his hands through it. Dare I say it, he looks good...

Okay fine he looks Adonis himself but lets keep that a secret, his head's already big enough.

"My head is a perfectly normal size, thank you very much Gem." Adonis says amused.

Did you just do it again Heidi?

"Yeah you did."

My eyes widen. Oh god, he probably thinks I'm a freak!

"Knew that from day one."

"Hey!" I finally manage to say aloud intentionally this time. Thanks mouth for finally cooperating.

He gives me a dazzling smile, and I give him one in return. I don't know how long we stay there for until Landon clears his throat.

"You look pretty. Even though you totally snuck into my house just to colour co-ordinate with me." He smirks and I glance at his suit and back to my dress.

Blue.

"Ew, we look like one of those couples who match their outfits."

"Oh so we look like a couple now?"

"In. Your. Dreams. Zuko."

Before he can reply an arm snakes around Landon's waist, making him close his eyes and curse quietly. She purrs what sounds like a 'Hey Baby' seductively in his ear. I cringe inwardly.

The owner of the voice finally appears by his side. Stella. Freaking. Olsen.

Of course he had to bring my enemy to prom. Wow what a great friend.

"Landy what are you doing over here with... that." The sound of her fake voice rings through my ears.

"Don't ever call me Landy again." He makes sure to put emphasis on the ever. "And she has a name so I suggest you use it."

"Oh no it's fine Landy!" I say making sure to sound as high pitched as possible. He shoots me a playful glare.

The bored expression returns to his face instantly as soon as 'Her Royal Bitchness' decides to speak again.

"Why are we wasting time? Come on let's dance before they crown me Queen!"

"How about you go check on your crown to see if it's alright."

Her eyes widen as if she forgot to do the most important task ever. "I'll be right back!"

I turn my attention back to Landon who I catch staring at me intently.

I shift uncomfortably under his gaze. "What?"

"Nothing."

"You should go before she comes back. I don't want to be dealing with your date tonight." I say trying to look busy on my phone.

"Gem?"

"Hm?"

"You really do look beautiful tonight." He says with so much sincerity that I almost drop my phone.

I turn my attention back to him to only see that he's gone. I spot him at the other side of the room, now with Carter. He knows I'm staring right at him. The faint smile lingering on his lips gives it all away.

"I'm so sorry I took so long Dee." Mason sheepishly smiles whilst handing me some punch. I wave him off telling him it's fine.

After sitting down at a table, Mason starts telling me about the team's upcoming basketball game and all I'm doing is smiling whilst nodding my head, paying no attention to what he's saying.

All I can think about are the six words that keep replaying in my mind.

'You really do look beautiful tonight.'

Landon Knight, what have you done.

_____________________________________________

ANNNNND SHE UPDATED!

You asked for Leidi, I delivered :)

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! I LOVE YOU ALL!

~H <3