Chapter One: Enchiladas

HEIDI

"I would like to thank my parents, my brother and my best friends who have believed in me since day one. Without them I wouldn't even be here today."

I look up from the microphone and scan the crowd to find my family and friends. I finally spot them all: My Dad recording me, whilst giving me a thumbs up, Mason and Ryan smiling at me, and Gigi and Carter clapping loudly, dramatically wiping their 'tears'.

"Heidi! Heidi! Heidi!" the crowd suddenly starts to chant.

This is real. This is my life. This is-

"Heidi! Heidi!" Wait those voices are way too familiar.

My eyes shoot open to see Gigi and Carter jumping up and down on my bed.

"Guys! What the hell are you doing here at-" I look over at my phone to check the time. "6AM?!"

"Aw, did the princess wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" Carter tuts.

"Firstly, don't call me princess. Secondly, yes she did because of you idiots!" I groan and throw a pillow over my face, trying to get some sleep again.

That idea clearly doesn't work out since all I hear is Gigi and Carter's loud laughter. I peek over at them and smile to myself.

Carter was easily the silliest one in the group and always cracking jokes. Nearly all the girls in school fawned over his 'adorable' looks- it was definitely his blonde hair and blue eyes that sealed the deal.

Gigi was the only other girl in our group and has been my best-friend since 2nd grade. We both bonded over being the tallest 7-year olds in that class. Fast forward 10 years, we're 5' 8". Gigi says we're the 'Perfect Model Height', I say that's rubbish.

Seriously, just imagine me on a runway. I'm about as graceful as an elephant on roller-skates.

Anyways, back to Gigi, her blonde hair is always curled to perfection and she has a killer fashion sense. You'd assume that I, being her best friend, would take after her. You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm the girl who finally brushes her overly long dark brown hair, looks in the mirror and says "Hey, you've really outdone yourself". I'm half African American, from my dad's side, and half white from my mom's side. I get my bright green eyes from my mom- it's the feature I love the most.

Other than Gigi, I've nearly really been friends with many girls. Most of the girls I know are either complaining about something insignificant or revolving their high school lives around finding a boyfriend.

"Carter, you bored her so much that she's gone back to daydreaming." Gigi slaps the back of his head.

"Ow! But everyone loves the story about me and the enchiladas!" He whines.

"No one loves that story!" We both shout in unison.

Carter narrows his eyes and flickers them between us. Did I mention that Carter has this freaky obsession with trying to prove that Gigi and I are twins.

Speaking of twins...

Ryan, my twin brother, storms into my room in just his boxers. "What's with the noise? Some of us are trying to get our beauty sleep, Jesus."

You'd assume Ryan and I would hate each other since we're twins, but we actually get along really well... most of the time.

We share the same friend group, and he is definitely the serious one in the group. Ryan cares a lot about his future and always makes sure he gets the best grades in all of his classes. Though he doesn't like to show it to others.

Captain of the Basketball team, perfect grades and the "lady's man". Ryan Thompson is the golden boy of our school. Even though we're twins, we couldn't be more different. Ryan was a basketball player and I played the piano, but that didn't mean we weren't always there for each other.

"Have you both seriously forgotten?" Gigi raises her brow looking between us.

"Forgotten what?" I glance at Ryan as he does the same.

Carter and Gigi share a look as to say 'They've seriously forgotten'.

They finally speak up. "It's the first day back at school?"

It takes a minute for Ryan and I to register.

"Shit!" I jump out of my bed and tackle Ryan to the ground before he can make it to the bathroom.

He groans. "Get your fatass off of me!"

I sprint to the bathroom, locking the door. "My turn first asswipe!"

"You can't just do that! Boys have needs!" I laugh to myself as I brush my teeth.

After finishing up, I unlock the door. Ryan runs in nearly knocking me over.

"Pig." I mumble as I walk back into my room. Gigi is already rummaging through my closet picking my outfit out for me.

"Hmm, maybe a touch of pink here or how about some green that's in right now." I creep up behind her and wrap my arms around her.

She jumps. "Don't scare me like that Dee!"

Carter looks up from his phone and gives us a thumbs up. "You guys would make a hot couple. I ship it."

Gigi finally picks out an outfit. "Keep on dreaming buddy."

I roll my eyes at him. "Carter get out so I can get dressed."

"What if I want to see you get dressed?" He smiles at me suggestively.

"Once again, keep on dreaming buddy." I tell him, shoving him out of the room.

After getting dressed, Gigi and I make our way downstairs. I listen to her rant about which Hemsworth brother is better looking.

I mean, it's clearly Chris. Thor all the way.

I grab a banana from the fruit bowl and look around. He's still not back yet.

Ryan notices the change in my mood and nudges me, giving me a small smile "He'll be back soon, you know how long his business trips can be."

I nod. It was always hard when my dad had to go away for business trips because he was the only thing me and Ryan had after mom.

My mom died when we were 10. Ryan took it really hard and would cry for months after she was gone. Me? I let all of my emotions out on the piano. It was the only way I could cope with her death.

My mom used to play all the time and she was amazing at it. Playing the piano makes me feel somewhat connected to her. Ryan started playing basketball after she died, so I guess we both had our ways of coping.

I look over at my brother putting his books in his bag and smile. "Hey Ryan?"

He turns around to look at me "Yes, Dee?"

"I love you." I give him a small smile.

He smiles and pulls me in for a hug "I love you too."

Our sweet moment is interrupted by the honking of Carter's car. Gigi was already in the car with him.

"Bitches are we ready to go?" He yells, making us laugh.

Ryan puts his arm around my shoulder as we both walk to the car.

Maybe this year won't be too bad after all.

________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the first chapter!!! Make sure you vote and comment, seriously all you have to do is click the star button and it'll make me the happiest lil girl aliveeee!

~H <3