Chapter Thirty Two: Good Enough, Romeo

Chapter Thirty Two: Good enough, Romeo

My dad's stupid idea of banning me from playing music until Christmas, meant I had nothing else to do whilst waiting for Ryan to be done with basketball practice, but attend all of his games.

Why couldn't he just be a normal brother and buy his own car instead of sharing with his sister?

So here I was, surrounded by cheerleaders waving their pom-poms, desperate for the player's attention. Remember Stella, the she devil of our school? Yeah, well she's the captain of the cheerleading team. That meant Ryan, her ex boyfriend, was off limits.

"Heidi, what an unpleasant surprise." Stella says in her obnoxiously fake high-pitched voice, clapping her hands together.

"Stella, I see you're still desperate as ever for my brother's attention." I smile back.

"Who Ryan? Please, I'm over him. I have my eye on someone else anyways." She smirks

"Poor him. Who's the unlucky guy?" I question, my voice bored.

"How about I show you instead?" She walks over to her team, as they get ready for a cheer.

"2 4 6 8! WHO DO WE APPRECIATE? NOT THE KING, NOT THE QUEEN, IT'S LANDON KNIGHT AND HIS BASKETBALL TEAM!"

"You have got to be kidding me!" Ryan and I say in unison. I look down at the court to see a very pissed off Ryan. I ignore the other team members gawking at the both of us like we have some weird twin telepathy.

"Woo! I loved that one girls!" Landon hollers from the court, clapping his hands. He gives me a smug wink, whilst I mouth a 'fuck you' to him.

"GIRLS, PULL YOUR SKIRTS DOWN! TEAM, STOP GETTING DISTRACTED!" Coach yells, before turning to me. "THOMPSON I SWEAR YOU CAUSE A COMMOTION WHENEVER YOU'RE HERE."

"Thanks Coach!" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "Feeling the love."

He shakes his head at me and blows the whistle. "TEAM PLAY."

Ten minutes into the game and I already find myself dozing off. If it wasn't for Dylan pulling my ear, I probably would've fallen asleep right there.

I swat his hand away. "You need to learn the definition of personal space, Dyl."

"Dyl! Aw we're using pet names now, how cute." I throw him an unamused look. "You look like Landon when you do that, stop it."

I smile slightly and nudge him. "What do you want?"

"As you know, tomorrow's Thursday." He starts.

"Yes? The night we go to Rocky's Warehouse." I reply, with a confused expression on my face.

"Yeah about that.." He scratches the back of his head. "You can't come with us tomorrow."

"Wait what? Why the fuck not?" I whisper yell, making sure not to distract the basketball team.

"Language, Dee. And because you just can't." He says, unable to come up with an excuse.

"It's because he's playing." I look up to see a sweaty Landon, drinking from his water bottle, his Adam's apple bopping up and down. That's kind of hot- Heidi stop it you're becoming a borderline creep.

I cough, composing myself. "He's playing? Dylan plays? Why the hell didn't you tell me you played? What do you play? I'm so excited to watch you play!"

Dylan blinks at Landon. "How do you deal with that, Lan?"

I punch his arm lightly. "Be serious."

"Okay fine. I play the drums. I've been playing since I was around 7 with Landon. Tomorrow, I'm playing at the warehouse and-"

"Basically he's scared he'll mess up in front of you."

"Dyl, you saw me fall down the library stairs yesterday. I embarrass myself all the time in front of you!"

"You fell down the stairs." Landon looks at me with concern, and I nod. He bursts out laughing. "Oh my god, how could I have missed that!"

I kick his leg as hard as I can. "Jerk!" He winces in pain, muttering some curses. "Be grateful I didn't kick your balls."

"Ah, young love." Dylan sighs dramatically.

"Stop changing the subject." I cross my arms, turning my attention back to Dylan.

"Fine, but if I mess up don't laugh. I have a cool boy reputation to keep." He slides a pair of sunglasses onto his face. 

"Cool?" I scoff. "You FaceTimed me yesterday because you couldn't choose whether to buy Adventure Time or Spongebob boxers."

"Can you believe he chose Adventure Time?" Landon states disgustedly.

I glare at Dylan. "How could you."

"Stop judging my life choices, the both of you!" He groans.

"KNIGHT BREAK TIME'S OVER. GET YOUR ASS BACK ON COURT!"

"See you in a few." He starts making his way down the bleachers.

"Wait Landon!" I call after him.

"Yeah, Gem?" He turns.

I glance over at Stella, who's watching our little exchange closely. I smile and walk over to him, kissing him on the cheek.

He pulls me into a hug and whispers. "You're so petty, I love it."

I laugh slightly, feeling Stella's glare shooting daggers at me. "I know, now make a show out of it."

"Oh Heidi!" He dramatically shouts, pulling me closer. "Your kisses make me melt. I'll be waiting for you in the locker rooms, my love!"

I pull away, smiling proudly at him. "Good enough, Romeo."

He smiles back, shaking his head at me. "I'll see you later."

I return to my seat next to Dylan, to find him sat with three cheerleaders, flexing his muscles. "You're unbelievable" I mutter.

He wraps an arm around me. "Is someone jealous?"

"You wish." I smile, letting him keep his arm around me.

___________________________________________

DYLANNNNNN!!!! Sorry, I'm just a sucker for my boy Dylan.

Vote, comment and shareee!! Love you lots!
~H <3