Chapter Fifteen: Mr Sleep Ruiner

"I can't believe the formal is next week!" Taylor squeals to Gigi.

At this point, I'd be rolling my eyes, but I'm currently still exhausted from playing the piano all night.

Ever since Mr Jacobs told me about my Juilliard audition, I haven't stopped practicing. Heck, I'm pretty sure I haven't been out the house, except for school, for the past two weeks.

If it wasn't for Gigi and Taylor dragging me out of the house today to go to the mall with them, I would most likely be practicing right about now.

"I know right! We still need to get Heidi a dress though. I have some ideas hold on."

Gigi starts scrolling though her phone, trying to find a dress from the 1000 dress pictures in her camera roll.

"Woah woah woah. Stop right there." I grab her phone. "I'm only organising it. I never said anything about going."

"We know we know, you've said this a million times." Taylor sighs defeatedly.

"Hm." Gigi stares straight into my eyes, as if she's trying to solve a puzzle.

"What are you staring at..."

"What if someone asked you to the formal. What would you say?"

I lean back in my seat. "No one's gonna ask me."

"But what if they do?"

"They won't."

"But what if they do?"

"Fine." I sigh "If someone asks me, who I somewhat like, I'll go."

"Seriously!" Taylor throws her hands up in the air. "That's all it took?"

"No one's gonna ask me so I wouldn't get too excited both of you."

"We all know you're a total babe Heidi. Guys practically drool over you."

I start laughing hysterically, almost choking.

The image of guys drooling over me is positively absurd.

"This is going to be hard." Gigi runs a hand through her hair.

Of course it was going to be hard. Ryan literally chased any guy that tried to ask me out away from me. The overprotective brother mode is super annoying, but I didn't mind since I've never been interested in dating either.

"Why?" Taylor asks confused.

"Ryan."

"Who cares what Ryan says. You are getting a date, a dress and definitely going."

Ugh.

***

I set my phone down on my bedside table, ready for a good nights sleep tonight.

I crawl into my freshly washed bed sheets and smile. Nothing better than the smell of fresh sheets, amirite?

My eyes close momentarily before darting right back open at the annoying ding of my phone beeping. I swear I had that thing on silent...

I try to close my eyes again, but before I can the sound starts playing all over again.

I snatch my phone of the table harshly, ready to murder whoever this person is.

From: Unknown
Hello :)))

I squint my eyes. Unknown. Who is that? Actually I don't care, I'm ready to give this a piece of my mind.

To: Unknown
I swear to the gummy worm lords above that I will destroy you if ever wake me up again. I don't care who you are.

I like my sleep.

From: Unknown
I thought you'd be more happy seeing my text Gem :))

Gem? LANDON!

To: Unknown
YOU! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET MY NUMBER??

From: Unknown
I have my ways :))

The nerve. He's not even sorry for waking me up!

To: MrSleepRuiner
Stop with the smiley faces! No. One. Is. Happy.

Yes. I saved his name as 'MrSleepRuiner', don't judge me.

From: MrSleepRuiner
But annoying you makes me happy :))

Why me? WHY ME!

To: MrSleepRuiner
I'm blocking you. Say your last words.

From: MrSleepRuiner
Despacito :))

Yep, that was the last straw. Bye bye Landon.

From: MrSleepRuiner
IM SORRY DONT BLOCK ME ILL DO ANYTHING.

To: MrSleepRuiner
What do you want Landon?

From: MrSleepRuiner
I was bored so I chose to annoy you Gem :))

To: MrSleepRuiner
Thank you. I feel so blessed.
Now let me sleep, I have a stupid formal committee meeting at 8 am tomorrow.

From: MrSleepRuiner
Are you going to the formal? :))

To: MrSleepRuiner
Hopefully not. Are you asking anyone?

From: MrSleepRuiner
Is that a hint Gem? ;))

To: MrSleepRuiner
In your dreams.

From: MrSleepRuiner
Wow how did you know you're in them? :))

Men.

From: MrSleepRuiner
And maybe I am. ;))

To: MrSleepRuiner
Really, who?

From: MrSleepRuiner
Can't say. :))

Secretive much.

To: MrSleepRuiner
Bye Zuko.

From: MrSleepRuiner
Sweet dreams Gem :))

I yawn and look at the time. 2:30am. Shit.

I quickly put my phone down and try to fall asleep again. However, for some strange reason only one thing stays on my mind, Who is Landon asking to the formal?

___________________________________

OMG ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE IVE UPDATED IM SORRY!!! HOPE U ENJOY THE CHAPTER THOUGH!

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

~H <3