Chapter 70.

Carly's POV

"Tomorrow's your birthday!" I exclaimed, excitedly. "It's not that exciting, babe." He chuckled. "It's Nikki birthday Eve!" I said, smiling wide. He laughed. "That's what we're calling this day?" He asked. I nodded. "Yep!" I smiled wide. "Today, nothing's getting in the way, we're going to the carnival." He said. I smiled. "Yay." I smiled wide. "I wanna spend the whole day there, so hurry up and get dressed and we can go." He smiled. "Okay, babe." I said, I got out of his bed and stretched. "I'm excited." I giggled. "For the carnival?" He asked, sitting up. "Yeah, but mainly for your birthday tomorrow." I said. He smiled. "You're more excited for it than I am." He replied.

I walked to my bedroom and quickly got out of my clothes and put new undergarments on. I slipped on black jeans with rips in the knees and a sleeveless KISS shirt. I think Kiss or The Beatles is my favorite band, I can't decide. I teased my hair and did my makeup, but decided to go a little easier on my eyeliner. I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on and walked out to the living room. "Ready to go?" Nikki asked, walking out. He has leather pants on, a loose fitting black shirt on, he has his signature hair, and black eyeliner smudged around his eyes. He always looks so handsome.

"Yeah," I smiled. He smiled and grabbed his keys and took my hand and we walked out the door. I made sure to lock the door before we left and we walked to his car. As soon as we got in, I put in Kiss' album "Destroyer" and Detroit Rock City started to play. "I love this album!" I smiled wide. Nikki started to drive, resting his hand on my thigh. "I do, too, baby doll." He smiled at me. "How far away is it?" I asked. "Uh, it's a little ways away. We'll probably get through most of the album." He replied. "Good, this is a good fucking album." I said. I turned it up. "Get up, everybody's gonna leave their seat. You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City." I sang along. I danced a little in the seat and Nikki chuckled. "You're so cute, you know that?" He asked. "You've told me, I guess I'm kinda cute." I replied. He smiled at me and put his attention back on the road.

"Beth, I hear you callin'. But, I can't come home right now. Me and the boys are playing, and we just can't find the sound," I started singing along. "Just a few more hours, and I'll be right home to you. I think I hear them callin', oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do?" I sang. "Ain't this song beautiful?" I asked, looking at Nikki. "Not as beautiful as you." He glanced at me and winked. "That was so corny!" I giggled. "Corny or not, it's true." He said, taking my hand in his and kissing it. I smiled and looked out the window. "We're almost there, dollface." He said. I smiled again and turned the music off. "Yay, I haven't been to one of these since the last time you took me to one." I said. He parked. "Are you serious? The last time you went was when you were 16?" He asked. I nodded. "Geez, it's a good thing I'm in your life or you wouldn't do anything at all." He said, getting out of the car. I rolled my eyes and got out after him, shutting the door.

He walked over to me and intertwined his fingers with mine as we walked towards the carnival. "We're getting on every single ride." He said. "Not upside down ones," I replied. "No, especially those." He said. "Nikki, you know I hate those!" I whined. "But, you'll be with me! I won't let anything happen to you, baby." He said and kissed my hand.

__

"Okay, we got on all the kiddy rides-" "They are not kiddy rides!" I laughed. He shook his head. "All the ones that don't go upside down are kiddy rides." He replied. "You know what happened last time I got on an upside down ride." I pouted. "No, I don't." He said. I gave him a look. "Oh, yeah!" He laughed. "It was not funny! I had a panic attack!" I said, crossing my arms. "Sorry, but it is kinda funny looking back on it." He said. I scowled. "Come on, baby. For me? Please?" He asked. I sighed and uncrossed my arms. "Fine." I mumbled. He smiled wide and then lifted me up bridal style. "Nikki, I can walk on my own." I laughed. "You're too pretty to walk, baby doll." He said.  I giggled and rested my head on his chest as he carried me to the upside down rides.

As we got to one, I felt my heartbeat pick up. "Hey, I change my mind." I said, looking up at him. "No, no. Come on, you can hold my hand." He said, putting me to the ground. I clung onto Nikki as soon as my feet touched the ground. "I'm scared, don't make me go." I said, tightening my grip on him. "Aw, baby." He said, rubbing my back. "How about this, we get on one, if you absolutely hate it and are still scared, we can leave. No more upside down rides, deal?" He asked. I looked up at him. "I'm sorry I'm such a baby," I mumbled. "You're my baby, don't apologize." He smiled at me. "It's okay to be scared, let's get on and you can hold my hand." He said. I breathed out and nodded.

We walked over to the first one which was called, "The Zipper", and it goes around and the seats flip around. "This one isn't that bad, it's like doing a summersault." He said. I squeezed his hand and looked up at the tall ride. "It looks like a death machine." I said. He laughed. "No, it's not! It's safe, it wouldn't be here if it wasn't. Trust me, Starry Eyes." He said. I sighed as the person running the ride opened the gate to say we're next. Nikki looked back at me and I nodded. "Okay," I gave in.

We got settled into the seat and it started to move for the next people to get in, I gasped and my hand instantly grabbed Nikki's. He chuckled. "It hasn't even started yet, baby." He said. "I'm scared." I said, my grip tightening on his hand. "You're so lucky tomorrow is your birthday or I'd kill you for talking me into this." I said. He laughed. The ride moved again and we were getting to the top. My grip tightened on his hand. "Damn, you're gonna break my hand." He laughed. "Good." I replied, causing him to laugh.

We got to the top and I squeezed my eyes shut. "It's about to start, love." I heard Nikki say. I felt fear run through my veins. If I could tighten my grip on Nikki anymore, I'd crush his hand. I wish he could hold me. I want to sit in his lap and hold me, this isn't enough for me. The ride started and I yelped as speed picked up. The ride got to full speed and I felt our seat for upside down, I screamed and Nikki laughed. "Baby, it's okay!" He laughed.

The ride continued and each time we went upside down, my heart skipped a beat, I felt like I was gonna throw up my heart. It stopped finally and I opened my eyes. "See? That wasn't so bad." Nikki said, looking over at me. I breathed out a sigh of relief. "It's over?" I asked. "No, we're going backwards, now." He said. "What?" I asked, panicked. Almost instantly, the ride started to go backwards, I gasped when speed picked up. This time I kept my eyes open, as soon as I saw us go upside down, I screamed, again causing Nikki to laugh. "You're so mean!" I yelled. He laughed. "I love you, too, baby." He said.

The ride seemed to go on forever until finally, we were getting off. The ride opened and Nikki got out, taking my hand and helping me out. We walked out the exit and I hugged him tightly. "Aw, you're shaking." He said, rubbing my back. "I was scared!" I said, still not letting go. "Want to go home?" He asked. I nodded. "Okay, let's go, Starry Eyes." He said. I finally released from our embrace and he held my hand as we walked out.

"I'm sorry," he said as we got into the car. "Why're you sorry?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt. "I made you get on that ride and you were terrified." He said, buckling up. "No, don't say sorry. I had a really great day, and it wasn't that bad." I said. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, really. Thank you for today, it was an amazing day." I said, smiling at him. He smiled and leaned over and kissed me quickly. "Ready to go home?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, let's get going." I replied.

(Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)